User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default how do you americans feel about your history and your land?

after watching this

http://www.ted.com/talks/aaron_huey.html

also, do you think that native americans should get land and restitution for what white people who moved to their land have done to them?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

figsfiggyfigs

If it was a person, they'd frolic with it.

edit:

Most of the Americans I know LOVE history in general....

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's hard to tell how I as a native american feel about it. I'ld definitly say France sucks no matter where you are from !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

As someone who is part Native American I'm largely annoyed by how assimilated Native people are into the greater white culture and don't seem to even HAVE a seperate culture unless they are "pure" enough Native to live on a reservation (and who the hell really wants to live on a reservation?)

There are traces of Native culture in the South, I know in the Appalachians a lot of people still regularly walk barefoot, live closer to the land, and have a reverence for nature that seems to be lacking in some other parts of the country. From what I understand, Appalachian mountain culture in particular is actually a blend of Native and white European culture.

It's part of what pisses me off about Libertarianism (like I need seven hundred more reasons to hate Libertarianism) is that it glorifies the white European culture which stole land, created "private property" and murdered scores of Native Americans. Apparently half of the Wampanoag tribe was murdered (reducing numbers from around four thousand to around two thousand) within just 20 years in the 1600's.

One of my sisters actually protests Thanksgiving and has taught my nephew what it actually means to glorify the "settlers" and what that meant for Native Americans.

I have mixed feelings, because on one hand I like civilization, but I think the greed of white European capitalist culture destroyed the environment in the United States and all but ruined the way of life of North American tribes.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I'm gunna respond pre-watching, then watch it, and we can see if anything changes.

also, do you think that native americans should get land and restitution for what white people who moved to their land have done to them?
    Only if they're willing to give it back to the millions of animals they committed genocidal atrocities against when they came here.

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    If it was a person, they'd frolic with it.

You get major points for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    Most of the Americans I know LOVE history in general....
    Not sure if you're being facetious or not...

I like to work under the assumption that Europeans think all Americans are uneducated imbeciles, until proven otherwise.

I then entertain myself proving otherwise, whilst making European men prove me to that they're not just a bunch of capri-wearing pillow-biters.

Funny related anecdote: one of my childhood friends was traveling through Europe, in Germany, I believe, on a tour, when the tour guide apparently made a joke about Americans being completely ignorant of geography. My friend, who is a really funny guy, decided to give the guide a little grief about it, to which the guide responded, "Fine, here's a challenge: name the countries that border Germany," to which my friend quickly responded, starting from the west and moving counter-clockwise, "the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic, Poland, and Denmark." Then he asked the tour guide, "Now, can you name all the states surrounding Kansas?"

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I'ld definitly say France sucks no matter where you are from !
    Here, here!

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It's part of what pisses me off about Libertarianism (like I need seven hundred more reasons to hate Libertarianism) is that it glorifies the white European culture which stole land, created "private property" and murdered scores of Native Americans. Apparently half of the Wampanoag tribe was murdered (reducing numbers from around four thousand to around two thousand) within just 20 years in the 1600's.
    Stop whining.

There is nothing under Libertarian doctrine that proclaims what you accuse it of.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haven't watched the clip but...embarrassed actually...there's so so much i disagree with...i'm part native american as well.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm gunna respond pre-watching, then watch it, and we can see if anything changes.

Only if they're willing to give it back to the millions of animals they committed genocidal atrocities against when they came here.

You get major points for that one.

Not sure if you're being facetious or not...

I like to work under the assumption that Europeans think all Americans are uneducated imbeciles, until proven otherwise.

I then entertain myself proving otherwise, whilst making European men prove me to that they're not just a bunch of capri-wearing pillow-biters.

Funny related anecdote: one of my childhood friends was traveling through Europe, in Germany, I believe, on a tour, when the tour guide apparently made a joke about Americans being completely ignorant of geography. My friend, who is a really funny guy, decided to give the guide a little grief about it, to which the guide responded, "Fine, here's a challenge: name the countries that border Germany," to which my friend quickly responded, starting from the west and moving counter-clockwise, "the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic, Poland, and Denmark." Then he asked the tour guide, "Now, can you name all the states surrounding Kansas?"

Here, here!

Stop whining.

There is nothing under Libertarian doctrine that proclaims what you accuse it of.
    Whining? About people who glorify unrestricted capitalism and want to reverse environmental laws? No, I think I'll keep stating my opinion because I care about someone other than myself.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Whining? About people who glorify unrestricted capitalism and want to reverse environmental laws? No, I think I'll keep stating my opinion because I care about someone other than myself.
    There are many varieties of Libertarianism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_libertarianism

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

what?

nice fail in thinking from your friend and stupid tour guide that fell into that. your friend was asked about countries, but your friend asked about states in a country(makes me wonder if he actually is a stupid american who thinks european countries are like states in usa..). -> your friend didnt reply with nearly as easy question that the tour guide asked. if the tour guide would have asked your friend to name all states that border thuringia, i bet your friend would have replied something like wtf is thuringia..

you see poland is to germany as canada is to usa and oklahoma is to kansas as bavaria is to thuringia..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

you see poland is to germany as canada is to usa and oklahoma is to kansas as bavaria is to thuringia..
    Gee, thanks for the help with the definition of a...what did you call it? Oh yes..."country". My inadequate American education system only has time to teach me about creationism, celebrity couples, and the evils of Islam.

Honestly, your body of work on this forum indicates that you'd put the dumbest, fattest, most willfully ignorant American to shame with your self-satisfied arrogance.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari