User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Well put, Entropie, especially the last part.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

In the case my post sounded as if everything is nice and fluffy, of course it isnt: there's alot of change that needs to happen in the minds. For example my gf has always problems to find her a job cause she is partly french. But I am hoping that will get better when the old people die out
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Ahem, no, I´m white in a white country and have clearly noticed how I have been prefered to others not only in my own country but also abroad. I´ll never forget how the Spanish police treated me compared to my Brazilian neighbors. I have never been disvriminated against in my whole life (exept maybe occasionally for being a woman, but that´s a whole diffrerent story) which is exactly the point I was trying to make!
    Go take your white Christan self to Egypt.. or China .. Or Colombia or Mexico.. Or to Zimbabwe .. and then tell me about how well you get treated and if you face discrimination..

I know exactly what your point is.. I just refuse to eat it because I don't like eating bullshit.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Well it sure seems to stirr up a lot of emotion. And I wouldn´t want to be Egyptian, Chinese or Latino in Europe..friends of mine are and it´s no fun.

PS: I´m no Christian and never understood those protesting the construction of a mosque while complaining about the religious freedom of Christians in muslim countries.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFJ

I remember hearing once a civil war reenactor saying that there were no honest, brave people in the US anymore because they all died in the American Civil War.

I just found this so baffling because the US is constantly, and has constantly received immigrants since then, with a huge wave coming in the early 1900s, at least 50 years after the Civil War.

Threads like this remind me of that.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Well it sure seems to stirr up a lot of emotion. And I wouldn´t want to be Egyptian, Chinese or Latino in Europe..friends of mine are and it´s no fun.
    That's odd, I have a few Chinese friends living in European countries and they don't have any problems.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Ahem, no, I´m white in a white country and have clearly noticed how I have been prefered to others not only in my own country but also abroad. I´ll never forget how the Spanish police treated me compared to my Brazilian neighbors. I have never been disvriminated against in my whole life (exept maybe occasionally for being a woman, but that´s a whole diffrerent story) which is exactly the point I was trying to make!
    gee... you're lucky... I had to fight extra hard to prove that I'm not an ugly american while abroad because nobody liked people from the US

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    This begs the question. Once Native Americans and Gypsies have their own respective nations, then where will you live?
    I'm also part Irish, English, German, Dutch and Jewish... I have no CLUE where I'm getting sent!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Chinese have no problems, we generally have problems keeping pace with the chinese .

From the countries cultures, best fit with german people are japanese, chinese and turkish people. Russian and Polish people, tho they are nearer are more often in conflict with german culture.

Btw.: How americans are perceived I cant really tell, cause I hardly meet one. Same goes for French people, tho they are living next to one, we hardly see each other. British people I see regulary, they often come for drinking exhibits and noone hardly likes them, but I dont think they stand for all Great-Britain

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

From my personal opinion tho, I wouldnt have 10 k posts here if I wouldnt like americans. Or wait would I ? That doesnt make sense lemme rethink

MBTI
    ENFJ

Well, Ent, look at INTP, he's got quite a few posts too...

I dunno, Germany seems pretty cool, at least what I've heard. Might have considered studying abroad there if like, I knew a lick of German. But then again there's the multiple recycling bins. Apparently it's worse than here. I think people need to rethink recycling bins because at a certain amount of bins you probably get diminishing returns.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge