User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Without...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Ok, I get what you're saying. Perhaps the spontaneity/in the moment aspects are a bit more of a superficial and stereotype trait of SP's.

I just did a quick google on SP temperament, and came up with some of the following that might be more unique to SP (as I confess I don't know any well in real life):

------------
    Their greatest strength is tactical variation. Their most developed intelligence operations is either expediting or improvising. Artisans take pride in their ability to be graceful, are confident in their ability to adapt, and respect their ability to be daring.
    ------------
    A "troubleshooter, negotiator, fire fighter" who "works via action with cleverness and timeliness," "learns through active involvement to meet current needs,"and is acknowledged in organizations for contributing "expeditious handling of the out-of-the ordinary and the unexpected."

So....SP's....quick on their feet, trusted/respected in emergencies and unexpected situations (and assume a leadership role in these instances), and very adaptable? [I don't think any of these traits would come as 'naturally' to the other temperaments - NT's and NF's would probably spend too much time thinking about all of the possibilities and trying to find the 'optimal' one, etc, and wouldn't be able to act quickly enough, and SJ's might not be able to make the snap decisions quickly enough, especially if the decision involved going against procedure or protocol (?) - just guessing here]
    I can see that for STP's, actually. But I don't think it applies as much to SFP's. I think the original one is only used because it's the only one that applies to STP's and SFP's. They actually have very different skills sets, which is why I don't think SP's as a group are special.

STP's would be able to make quick, clever decisions and take physical risks more easily and successfully. SFP's... don't have that capacity, but are more responsive to and aware of people's wants and needs, I think.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Without...

...SP: No hippies.

...SJ: No bosses.

...NF: No political correctness.

...NT: No Internet.
    I'm sure this is an unbiased viewpoint

I like it...
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Priam View Post
    I'm sure this is an unbiased viewpoint

I like it...
    Well, you know, N's are supposed to be comfortable with ambiguity!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Without...

...SP: No hippies.

...SJ: No bosses.

...NF: No political correctness.

...NT: No Internet.
    Wow, I'm almost speaking in Wildcat-isms here!

MBTI
    istp

perhaps the disagreement comes from the fact that you're trying to categorize people in ways that you cant with anything close to consistency

labels are short and consequently are usually quite shallow... only holds the most raw, stripped definition of the words. connotation is hardly scientific.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    perhaps the disagreement comes from the fact that you're trying to categorize people in ways that you cant with anything close to consistency

labels are short and consequently are usually quite shallow... only holds the most raw, stripped definition of the words. connotation is hardly scientific.
    Ah, the N's brand of shallow.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

awwww... some people not knowing what SPs are good for! How could I possibly not respond to this thread!

What are SPs good at?
    - we're aware of our surroundings- moreso than any other type- need to spot danger or get through a dangerous area? you'd be best off with an SP around
    - we're physically curious- without SPs there would, for one thing, be a lot LESS people on the planet, and those that there were would be concentrated in a small area of the planet- SPs are the explorers and the survivors
    - we show the rest of you guys how to enjoy the simple pleasures of life instead of take them for granted
    - The Entertainment Industry

any type can fulfill the duties of any other type- if the individual is well enough developed- but a world without SPs would be a rather miserable place
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    - The Entertainment Industry
    Then you guys are half of today's problems!

figsfiggyfigs

I loved you in Pretty Little Liars.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I loved you in Pretty Little Liars.
    Ezra is so boring though.
    I really like cats and food.