User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INtP

Some of these are rather shamelessly copied from others

• Give some to family (okay, this was a given)
    • Don't tell anyone except for family and *very* close friends. Probably still lie to friends about exactly how much I inherited, but pay for nice group vacations, make their mortgages disappear, etc.
    • Offer 50-100 million to the nonprofit I work for, under the condition that they instantly and irrevocably abolish all of the stupid "auditing procedures" they've put into place over the last few years. Enjoy watching management squirm trying to decide if greed or pseudo-ass-covering is more important.
    • Charitable donations -- primarily for education, health research, and environmental causes.
    • Advocate and invest/research in clean-energy industries, including nuclear, solar, high-efficiency batteries, etc.
    • Travel -- maybe an "around the world" cruise, definitely stuff like Earthwatch travel/research expeditions, visiting all 7 continents, etc. Quite likely look into spending a year or two living in another country as an expat (doing pretty much anything).
    • Buy a nice urban penthouse-style apartment in San Francisco or Seattle, my two favorite (US) cities. Okay, we're talking *9 BILLION* here... So maybe both .
    • Part of me would want to be a permanent college student... Who only audits classes so he doesn't have to stress about exams, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Even though this was intended to bust the legend of compensation, it's still too much for any charitable organisation. I'd rather donate to smaller charities or give direct to trustworthy individuals, than give to entities that utilize professionals to run their "too large to fail" businesses. Note the salary for the Salvation Army National Commander which is less than 1/4 of the other two.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...s_salaries.htm
    Anything more than this?

Edit: The salary of one particular individual does not necessarily translate to an issue. In order to get people with money to give, the leaders of such organizations travel in certain circles. There must be some better statistics which relate to what is put in vs. what goes out.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Anything more than this?

Edit: The salary of one particular individual does not necessarily translate to an issue. In order to get people with money to give, the leaders of such organizations travel in certain circles. There must be some better statistics which relate to what is put in vs. what goes out.
    Yes. Took a peek at snopes and found something more current (as at 2009).

United Way: The President and CEO of United Way Worldwide is still Brian Gallagher but he now makes $983,000 - $1,037,000 per annum. Their efficiency rate* is 85%.

Unicef: President and CEO makes $420,000 - $475,000 with an efficiency rate* of 92%.

American Red Cross: President and CEO makes $447,000 - $495,000 with an efficiency rate* of 90 and 92%.

World Vision: $184,000, no efficiency rate* posted.

Salvation Army: Around $243,000 with an efficiency rate* of 82%.

* Efficiency rate calculated by Forbes.

So, as you can see, The United Way is inefficient compared to others.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/charities.asp