User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I haven't seen that... Unless you touch them up in pictures and stuff.

Anyway, I included humongous mecha in my wishlist to be glib, but after seeing this...

Now I really DO want a humongous space-faring Mecha!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Set aside $4.0B for taxes and incidentals.
    Distribute $1B to family and close friends.
    Create a perpetual family trust fund with $1B.
    Play with $10M, spending it on whatever and whenever.
    Invest $1/2B in real estate, including upgrading home to something with historical value.
    Invest $1/2B on assorted companies who are working towards alternate fuel sources, ensuring acquisition of control block.
    Invest $1B in assorted investments.
    Create a charitable foundation with the balance $490M with a mandate of no United Way support.
    Good answers but why no United Way support?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Oh - I have always wanted a Ferrari, so I would definitely get one of those too.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    Slmost forgot: I need new teeth. You know, the fake porcelain ones celebrities have. My current teeth ruin my gorgeous face.
    grills imo

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Good answers but why no United Way support?
    Too much of the donations get eaten up through "administrative" costs. From what I understand, their executives are compensated at similar rates to any other money-making company, except that the United Way doesn't make any self-fueling monies.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Too much of the donations get eaten up through "administrative" costs. From what I understand, their executives are compensated at similar rates to any other money-making company, except that the United Way doesn't make any self-fueling monies.
    Do you have some facts to back this up? I ask because I give them a lot of money.

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Do you have some facts to back this up? I ask because I give them a lot of money.
    Even though this was intended to bust the legend of compensation, it's still too much for any charitable organisation. I'd rather donate to smaller charities or give direct to trustworthy individuals, than give to entities that utilize professionals to run their "too large to fail" businesses. Note the salary for the Salvation Army National Commander which is less than 1/4 of the other two.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...s_salaries.htm

Analysis: Here, as of 2003, are the most accurate figures for the above-listed executives I could find in reliable sources:

•Marsha J. Evans, President and CEO of the American Red Cross, was paid $468,599 in salary and benefits in fiscal 2003. (Source: BBB Wise Giving Alliance)

•Brian Gallagher, President and CEO of United Way, was paid $432,709 in salary and benefits in fiscal 2003. (Source: Charity Navigator)

•W. Todd Bassett, National Commander of the Salvation Army, was paid (along with his wife, who also works for the organization) $94,091 in salary and benefits in 2003 (including house and car). (Source: Fayetteville Observer)

Note that the exact amount of Mr. Bassett's compensation package is harder to come by than that of the other CEOs listed because the Salvation Army has tax-exempt status and isn't required to report such information to the IRS.

Banned

I would become one of those shady behind the curtain people that fund researchers in fields I could utilize for my own selfish needs and curiosities.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I've actually thought about this and I'd build the massive underground vault I've been planning all these years.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmmm..

• Buy a house for every member of my family who doesn't already own one, including myself
    • Go crazy furnishing that house with furniture I've always fantasized about
    • Buy each family member some things they've always wanted and give them some money
    • Buy my Dad a new car, my Mum a car that isn't a piece of crap and myself.. a Camaro or something, to learn in!
    • Fund any education I, my sister, my niece or my nephew want to undertake
    • Pay for any health expenses encountered by anyone in my family, but hire people to follow them around and make sure they aren't lying to me, until I trust them enough
    • Pay some guy to take me for a ride on a motorcycle
    • Get all of my clothes custom made
    • Hopefully realize what my "dream" is and use some of it to get myself started with it
    • End up buying heaps of crap online that I don't really need
    • If I'm still a virgin at 25, I might consider paying someone, if I knew they were capable of doing to me what I want done... hahaha xD Shh :P
    • Laser hair removal for various parts of the body, teeth whitening, treatment for the redness I get in my cheeks, possibly a breast reduction.. and some other things I can't think of
    • New laptop, mine has so many problems..
    • Pay someone off to say I passed year 12, then do any college course I am vaguely interested in, one after the other
    • Hire a tutor to help me with my language studies
    • Hire someone to motivate me to exercise
    • Run away to Sweden
    • Save a lot of it, invest some, start my own charity and donate a lot of it to that, donate a lot to the research of things I deem important :P

Alternatively, I might just go insane and spend it all in a week. An amount that large It's hard to even comprehend! It probably wouldn't make me happy either, It wouldn't get me friends, or love, and I'd have the added paranoia of thinking that anyone who does want to know me only wants to do so because of how much money I have :/ (I'd tell as few people as possible, but it's bound to get out)
    INFJ, 4w5
    Mercurial, Idiosyncratic, Sensitive
    RLOEI, Chaotic Neutral, Melancholy / Phlegmatic
    Johari / Nohari