User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Seriously?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I was going to write a post justifying my presence here, and got bored halfway through. Whoops.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

MBTI I can take or leave, but I've made friends here and interesting topics come up from time to time. It is a general enough forum to keep me interested. Forums that are very narrow in subject matter bore me pretty quickly so I don't stick around.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

This is a MBTI forum? Heh, who knew?

MBTI
    INFJ

kathara: How would that help you as a person? If anything, it sort of pulled me back.
    Can you tell me what you mean? How did MBTI pull you back? Pull you back to what?

I like this forum because it's such a fantastic way to get new ideas. People here have been incredibly forthcoming with their advice, viewpoints, experiences, and ways of navigating things.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kathara View Post
    Seriously, how can one stay on such a specific forum for so long?
    Good question. I think there are several reasons beyond just wanting to know for sure what your type is.

Even if you know your type, you might want advice on how to best cope with the strengths and weakness of your type in everyday life. For example, you may read the forum seeking advice regarding your type in relationships, in your career, in college, etc.

You can help the newbies discover their type or help them achieve a greater understanding of the MBTI concepts.

There is always new theories and insights regarding MBTI.

Even if you know all there is to know about MBTI and don't care to learn more, there is always the interesting people on the forum to converse with. After you've been on the forum for awhile, you start getting to know the forum members better. You may feel a sense of community and may even establish real-life friendships with some of the members. You may find yourself going to the forum for more social reasons rather than to just learn about the MBTI. And there's nothing wrong with that. Humans are basically social creatures after all (yes, even the I's).
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP

I can't imagine why you'd care how other people spend their time. Especially to the point of signing into a forum you say haven't thought of in years in order to start a thread with the express purpose of making yourself feel superior. *yawn* Maybe you'd like to turn the psychology back on yourself? Tell us why you'd do that? I mean, seriously?
    Something Witty