User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

How often has the above happened to you?

Not always, but often enough.

Does it bother you?

It does somehow. Makes me a bit sad and annoyed.

Do you take it personally if people don't respond?

It depends on the topic. If it is just some question or something which has not specifically to do with my own person, then not. But if it is something more related to my person or something which I thought is interesting, then I feel somehow like a small part of me got rejected or considered worthless.

When this happens what do you do if anything to try to get more people to respond?

Depends. If my post is written very long or hard to understand, I might try to make it shorter / easier to read. I would maybe bump up the thread once, but not more than once. If that both doesn't help I have no other chance than living with it.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    ohhhh...i so wanted this thread to have no responses! haha kat!! i'm kinda kidding. i don't post a lot of threads but nah...i don't really care.
    I'm surprised this thread got the number of replies that it did. I start alot of threads relative to my post count. No, not another SuchIrony thread! I could see people reading the title of my thread and not replying at all just to spite me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm surprised this thread got the number of replies that it did. I start alot of threads relative to my post count. No, not another SuchIrony thread! I could see people reading the title of my thread and not replying at all just to spite me.
    I had this thought for fun in my head, but first there was already a lot of answers so it would be no option and second I am not mean

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Well yeah, of course it upsets me. I'm more sensitive than I'm willing to admit. I do the same thing with posts people don't like, I always get a bit self conscious. I can handle it of course, it's never the end of the world, but there's always a little worry that pops into my head when I do. lol no one read my blog either, which is probably worse.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Its the wording, you don't get to get anyone to respond. When you actively try to then you are in a dissonance with your self. You can talk further by establishing what you wish to speak about by being interactive in your threads. However the point is to experience without worrying, worrying manifests, and what manifests persists. Which means this is purely a construct of the mind and the mind clutter is creating negatives that are taken out of context and over analyzed as such without expressing your point of view. And then how can you express yourself without any expectations. The energy would change to positive, and yes you can go either way contention or not and when there is energy in thoughts and emotions.

I understand this a bit better now, I had wondered what you have thought before too. And its like when you can stop expressing lacking thoughts you can replace them with expanding thoughts. Who knows its how we feel and think about how we feel and think that create the energy wanted for the atmosphere and the momentum to carry forward whether negative of positive, the focus expands either way.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

People like to talk about themselves. Ask them in question format. It also has to be of interest to them but typically just any ole' thing will do. I once made a thread where I put virtual wigs on Ivy, Cafe, Proteinmix and Sub. That didn't go over so well. It happens.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Wait...I don't really understand what you're saying....

But I'll try to answer the questions as confusing as possible, just to let you know how confused I am.

How often has the above happened to you?

Twice where no one has responded...some threads people responded, but I really prefer if I hear the opinions and insight of several people than just a few, even if it's good.

Does it bother you?

No, the two threads with no response are pretty obscure (Bungee jumping, which I assume not many people here have experienced, and a computer problem I was having) in which I would feel more lucky to have a response in those threads than be upset about not having any.

And people are busy, or no one is on. If I make something at 3 am it's most likely not going to receive any responses.

Do you take it personally if people don't respond?

It's the internet, what's there to take personally?

When this happens what do you do if anything to try to get more people to respond?

I try to summarize, elaborate, or just renew it. I know I'm not one to browse through a category after page 1.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

It bothers me...I feel like I inadvertently bothered people with something uninteresting. Then I'm over it in 5 min...but there is an initial sting.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

I just reply to random threads. If I got something to share, or have questions I will make a thread. But as my attention span sucks, I try to avoid making threads, as follow up could be a problem

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm always surprised/thrilled by the responses I get on here. I ask more personal rather than intellectual questions though, but I think that's more because the personal is why I joined the forum.