User Tag List

Thread: Type my husband

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Type my husband

I think I know my husband's type, but when I read the descriptions of each type, there is always something that really doesn't sound like him. I would like to know for sure which type he is.

So without telling you what I think he is, I will describe him to you and see what you think.

He is one of those people who talks with everyone. If he runs, he calls people to run with him. If he is alone in a hotel room because he is traveling, he calls up about 5 people to see how they are doing.

He is one of those people that everyone tells all their problems to, but interesting enough he does not talk a whole lot about himself. He finds it much easier to elicit other people's conversation that to make conversation himself.

He dives headlong into relationships. There is no time for idle chatting or ice breakers. He takes the relationship right into the intimate level.

He gives people advice constantly. Even when we have talked about the consequence of this behavior, he seems to be unable to stop. Everyone can be improved or improve in some way. Every work environment he finds ways to suggest improvements.

He is the biggest support emotionally in the world. I can always count on him to be emotionally supportive. He is very different from other guys in this manner and does well working with people who have major problems in their lives, like family members dying or complicated family relationship problems.

Most people love him and tell me how lucky/blessed I am to have found him. I especially get these comments from women who work with him and who he is a "boss" over. They tell me how personable he is and how sensitive he is and how he always thinks of other people's feelings. Occasionally people hate him. I have noticed the ones who hate him fall in one of two categories - they are either high powered single women, or they are the idiot type guys who like to drink a lot, get stupid and chase women.

He affirms people constantly and tries to remember little things about their lives to ask them about.

He is very fussy about noises, tags on clothes, lights being on, etc.

He is a great dad and likes to play with the children a lot. They adore him, but he also has a very large number of rules and he expects quick obedience.

He and I talk mostly about people. We both love to talk about people and hate talking about things. The worst conversation to him is one that involves some intricate detail about some mechanical process.

He is hardly ever anxious or insecure. He just has a confidence that people will like him and that everything will turn out OK.

If he is going to buy something, he has to do long involved research on which item to buy.

He tends to be a skeptic - there need to be some 20 research studies with good validity/reliability before he will believe anything. He does have a strong faith in God, but when it comes to anything else, it takes a lot to convince him.

He does not like "going along with the crowd," for any reason. He will actively choose a different sports team, a different food, a different anything just so he won't be a conformist. Even if it makes him look foolish, he would rather be foolish than be a conformer.

He is extremely competetive and talks a lot of trash when he plays sports. And yet he is one of the gentlest guys I know in every other area of his life.

He is very present or future oriented. He hardly ever dwells on the past. He is a good long-range planner.

He does not have any big "passions" or interests. He says that he kind of wishes he did, but that he finds most things in life about as interesting as other things.

He is very sacrificial and giving. He would always rather do without himself than see someone else do without.

He is very touchy and likes public displays of affection. He is also very good about writing notes of encouragement and affection.

Holidays and traditions are fairly meaninless to him, although he will participate in those rituals because they mean something to the other people in the family.

I tried to be honest about both the good and the bad. Any guesses on his type? (no peeking at my other comments).

Thanks for helping me out with this!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

ENFJ? ESFJ?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Thanks fidelia - you seem to be my only taker.

I thought that was amazing, because I usually type him as either ENFJ or ESFJ. So I guess I'm on the right track.

Also, I wanted to say that I see your posts on here frequently, and you seem to have a lot of wisdom, especially social wisdom. Thanks for sharing all that with us!

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

A very very healthy ENFJ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ESFJ.

MBTI
    infj

yep, the way he is with people is def. E. that is easy!

interest in people, sensitivity to person, ability to say the right thing, def. F

desire to improve things, I think J
    (P people tend to be more laidback and nonjudgmental)

You say holidays are not important to him, but SJs find ritual/ tradition v. important

So my guess too is
    ENFJ

I am married to an INTP
    your husband sounds way different than mine!

MBTI
    infj

yep, the way he is with people is def. E. that is easy!

interest in people, sensitivity to person, ability to say the right thing, def. F

desire to improve things, I think J
    (P people tend to be more laidback and nonjudgmental)

You say holidays are not important to him, but SJs find ritual/ tradition v. important

So my guess too is
    ENFJ

I am married to an INTP
    your husband sounds way different than mine!

LadyLazarus

ENFJ?