User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trentham View Post

3. I was an early adopter to Facebook (2006-07). People who have been on it longer will naturally tend to have more "friends."
    This is key!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Anything over 200 is probably past pushing it. Even if you meet or are related to that many people, the chances of you needing to have them on a list on a social network so you can see their boring updates every day is low.

please stop posting boring updates. please give me mercy.

brb work
    brb school
    brb recreational activity
    brb mindless quote I just googled

Although, nothing feels better than blocking those folks from showing up on your newsfeed. 8)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    Although, nothing feels better than blocking those folks from showing up on your newsfeed.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

When I joined Facebook, I 'collected' 50 friends just in the first week. Some of those people I probably shouldn't have asked in the first place. I'm embarrased to admit that at the time I didn't want to be seen as having too few friends. I became more selective later on and only asked people I knew fairly well, not someone I just met once. Still, after about a year I accumulated approximately 150 friends. After that the number of friends leveled off.

Sometimes I'm surprised that people I barely know will ask to be my friend. I almost always accept the request unless I don't know the person at all or I know the person is likely to be a spammer or a jerk. I actually feel kind of flattered being asked even if I barely know the person. How sad is that? Besides, you never know, they could potentially become a closer friend in the future. Why unnecessarily burn bridges. Besides I don't like having my requests rejected so I don't wish to reject others' requests unless there is a very good reason. Also, I can put friends into different groups and so if they are just a casual acquaintance I can set it up so that they don't see the more personal things that closer friends see. So I don't see a real good reason to reject most peoples' requests.

What I really hate is when someone's accepted my friend request and a week or two later they've removed me from their friends list. I probably shouldn't have asked them in the first place because I didn't know them all that well and the person probably didn't want to accept in the first place but didn't want to just outright turn down my request. Still, I'd much rather have them reject my request in the first place than using the passive aggressive technique of removing me later on and hoping that I don't notice.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    Anything over 200 is probably past pushing it. Even if you meet or are related to that many people, the chances of you needing to have them on a list on a social network so you can see their boring updates every day is low.

please stop posting boring updates. please give me mercy.

brb work
    brb school
    brb recreational activity
    brb mindless quote I just googled

Although, nothing feels better than blocking those folks from showing up on your newsfeed. 8)
    Or those people who like pretty much every obscure thing on this planet.

So-and-So likes that feeling where you come back home and then go to your computer and post stupid status updates on facebook, or going to Olive Garden, or eating, or sleeping.

WELL GEE DOESN'T EVERYONE ELSE?! FUCK!

MBTI
    ENFP

I have to contribute to this thread.

I have about 1400 friends on Facebook for various reasons, but one thing I want to emphasize is that with the exception of about 20 (who are reality TV personas), I have met the rest. I joined Facebook when it first started and went to a small liberal arts college where everyone knows everyone. I was very involved in school and I was just very social. In the beginning, some of the people I added (from college alone, I probably have at least 700 friends), it was just because we met and I wanted to see their profiles. In the past few years, I have been more selective about who I add (though I rarely reject people who request to add me -- if we've met).

I can tell you that my number fluctuates on a daily basis. I think some people delete me because they see me popping up into their feed too much and just don't care. I don't mind, really. For me, it's hard to delete people because I think about the future -- what if we cross each other's paths again? It could be a great networking tool.

But I've just done a lot of things in my life and been a lot of places and pretty involved and the number just gets higher and higher. Plus, Facebook has great organizing tools so I have organized EACH PERSON that I am friends with into lists so that I can keep track of them. It's like, "Oh, here are study abroad friends... what's going on with them?" and "Oh, here are friends who I had classes with" or "Here are people who I went to summer camp with..." So everyone has a place in my life. And of course, there's the most important list which has my closest friends (about 12-15 people). So that I can cut through the crap and see what's really going on with the people I care the most about.

But do I consider all of these people to be close friends? No. I think in English, we use the word "friend" to mean so many different things. But for me, if someone wants to keep me on their list and they are interested in my life, then why not? (Especially since I know them and have met them before.) If not, they can delete me and it's not a problem.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

They are just more liked than you, you have to live with it *cancel creating a facebook account from my to-do list*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Riva

I used have 500 friends on Facebook. But after the 2004 Tsunami which wrecked out peaceful country to shreds, 250 friends perished with it. :-(

Nah just kidding. Unfortunately no one I knew died from it. :-)

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Those are not their real friends. It's very easy to "accumulate" friends on Facebook - you just start asking all the "friends" of your friends, and many people will say "yes," even if they don't know you, because somehow that gives them positive strokes. I get requests frequently from people I don't even know. I only agree to be friends with people I actually consider to be friends. In my opinion, people who have that many "friends," are probably insecure and feel the need to hike up their number to build their self-esteem. The only exception to this is probably people in the public eye, like performers for pastors. They might get that many people just because they are well known.
    I just want to say that maybe the people who have lots of friends aren't the ones always sending out the requests. I have more than 1400 friends but I'm not going around adding my friends' friends. I don't go around adding people I don't know, either. If I have a positive interaction or a series of positive interactions with people, it's natural to want to keep in touch in some way, shape, or form. I've always been able to make friends easily and I also can pick up with a friendship from where we left off, even if it was YEARS ago. For instance, because we're Facebook friends, a girl who I studied abroad with EIGHT YEARS ago (and we were great friends during the study experience) and I are going to meet up next weekend and hang out. We haven't talked much in those 8 years, but Facebook is perfect for keeping those kind of people in your life.

I mentioned it before, but I have done a lot of things where I've met some great people and I want to know what's going on with them every now and then. I like to travel, I like to be involved, etc, etc. I just ended up meeting a lot of people. It may seem crazy that someone could care -- in some way -- about hundreds of people, but I do. But it's not for my self-esteem. To be honest, it's more for my curiosity. I like knowing about people's lives, what they are doing, how they are changing. But they are people I have interacted with in person (very few exceptions made).

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

shallow shallow lady living in devotion, no wait wrong lyrics
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]