User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I had well over 100 friends in the Facebook but then I thought why would I have such people as friends who I haven't seen in many, many years and with I am not in touch these days. So, I started to clean my friends list and now I'm well under hundred. I guess I'm checking the friend situation out later or and will probably do more "winter cleaning" there later on.

I cannot imagine anybody "normal" would need over 1000 friends, with celebrities it's quite different, they are advertising through their facebook account. I don't even think anybody would have over 100 really good friends that they interact with on a regular basis, not to say even over 10 really good friends.
    Last edited by alcea rosea; 11-08-2010 at 02:56 AM.

MBTI
    ESFP

I'm sure it's very case-by-case but I always assumed it was because they spent a lot of time on facebook and weren't discriminatory about adding anyone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Um, I don't want over 1000 people as "Friends" on facebook.

I ended up with 200 just from family, high school, college, Las Vegas friends, Raleigh friends, and LiveJournal/TypologyCentral friends, and yeah...at least 20 of my "friends" are family.

Some people just go around meeting people constantly and are VERY social, and I guess that's how. Or they just friend random people, just whomever.

I get friend requests almost constantly from people I've never met, nor do I have any sort of on-line relationship with them. I don't understand it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I also have around 200, from high school, college, family and random connections. I have a small number I have never met: people I know from a forum I was a mod on in my high school years, and people from a group I started on Facebook freshman year (called The Hardest Part of a Zombie Apocalypse Will Be Pretending I'm Not Excited) that wound up being pretty popular.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I have 23 friends in Facebook, and actually even of that low friend numbers many I don't care about even. I guess that makes me a Facebook Looser? I cannot even pretend I have only "real friends" in Facebook. Though the only guys I have contact yet left with don't have Facebook accounts.

I don't use Facebook really, though. I have the account to look how Facebook works, and so as to leave some open door for the unrealistic possibility people might want to contact me one time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Don't forget castleage, mafia wars and all those other games that expect you to have 500 friends playing the game.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I've noticed my "celebrity" friends have thousands of friends and most of my extroverted friends have hundreds. My list contains family, old friends, a few internet friends, RL friends and my husbands family and friends who sent requests to me, totaling 73. I pretty much assume that no one gives a shit what I'm doing, so the people that reply to my updates must really like me or are incredibly bored.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think that most people who know each other in real life add each other. This includes coworkers, friends, acquaintances, that dude you just met at a party, students, teachers... and every new environment you're in (new job, new school, new gym) they just add up. Also, facebook does a lot of "you and this person have 10 friends in common, you should friend them!" type of things -- I'm sure that drags up the number.

Also, somehow this number increases exponentially with age. Some of my 22-23 year old students have 1200 friends!

MBTI
    INFJ

I think that most people who know each other in real life add each other. This includes coworkers, friends, acquaintances, that dude you just met at a party, students, teachers... and every new environment you're in (new job, new school, new gym) they just add up. Also, facebook does a lot of "you and this person have 10 friends in common, you should friend them!" type of things -- I'm sure that drags up the number.

Also, somehow this number increases exponentially with age. Some of my 22-23 year old students have 1200 friends!

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

"OMG, look at me, I'm popular, I have 3000 friends, love me!"

I had a facebookish account for a few years, never reached 100 friends, just because I didn't like anyone.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.