User Tag List

123 Last

Hate

Default Where do you prefer to sit?

The other day I realized in school that if I don't sit in at least the first or second row of the classroom, then it's harder for me to get into the class. I like to sit right up in the front like a big huge dork. I also like to sit towards the front in the movie theatre.

So it got me wondering where other people prefer to sit in certain places.

Where do you prefer to sit in the classroom?

How about in a movie theatre?

If you go to a restaurant with your SO or a date, do you sit next to each other when you're sitting at the booth or across from each other?

Also, some people have quirks like they don't like to sit with their back to the wall and others have a certain place they like to sit when they watch TV... Do you have any idiosyncrasies when it comes to where you sit?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

In a class, I have to sit at least one seat behind the front row, and it has to be to the left (I don't know what the left thing is, I just do that).

In a movie, I like to sit in the very back or where those bars are so I can put my feet up, and I prefer the center instead of the far left/right.

I prefer sitting across from each other...it'd be weird to not look at each other while eating/talking imo.

I have to sit on the left side of the couch when I watch T.V. and I have to sleep where my head is closer to the left side of the room. It really sounds OCD, but I never really even thought about it until you asked.

ReflecTcelfeR

Middle of a movie theatre and middle in the classroom. So that when things get intense I can immerse myself in it. And perhaps fuel it .

Phantonym

Classroom - the very last row, so that I'd have the perfect overview of everything and everybody and I wouldn't feel people watching me behind my shoulder, I feel smothered that way. Usually I sit at the same place I've chosen for every classroom/lecture room and I've been doing that for years.

Movie theatre - somewhere in the middle section, few rows from the very last row. While I dislike people sitting behind me, I have a stronger dislike for the very last row in the movie theatre for some reason.

Restaurant - across I guess. But someplace where I'd have an overview of the entire restaurant if possible.

For some reason I always want to sit on the driver side of the bus. Passenger side on the front seat of the car, driver side at the back.

It doesn't matter where I sit when watching TV, as long as I feel comfortable.

I am habitual, so unless there's a very good reason to switch the places I sit, I don't feel like changing my ways in that respect.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Classroom - near the window to the left if applicable, center to back
    Movie theater - middle section last row, and you better not make a sound!
    Restaurant - Across I guess

Classroom: all over the place, it never really mattered to me. I usually ended up toward the back, looking back on it.

Movie theatre: centre, about halfway up.

Sitting at the front blows because I have to lean too far back in my chair and often find myself missing out on things because I can't process everything that's happening on screen. I take too much time scanning the screen if I'm at the front. Conversely sitting at the back allows for a view of the screen but it maximizes the potential for other patrons to annoy me. I can hear and see more people if I'm sitting at the back.

So I sit in the middle somewhere if I can.

Dinner: across from each other, unless there's some other thing that the two of us should be paying attention to (dinner theatre, for instance). And even then, usually across from each other.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Middle of a movie theatre and middle in the classroom. So that when things get intense I can immerse myself in it. And perhaps fuel it .
    Ha... that does not surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Classroom - the very last row, so that I have the perfect overview of everything and everybody and I wouldn't feel people watching me behind my shoulder, I feel smothered that way.
    Are you a quiet student in class?

Movie theatre - somewhere in the middle section, few rows from the very last row. While I dislike people sitting behind me,...
    I don't like people sitting behind me either, or even walking behind me... For me it stems from being paranoid that someone's gonna try and kill me. Do you have a reason for not liking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Classroom - near the window to the left if applicable, center to back
    Movie theater - middle section last row, and you better not make a sound!
    Restaurant - Across I guess
    You remind me of Sytpg.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Are you a quiet student in class?
    I'm quiet everywhere!

I don't like people sitting behind me either, or even walking behind me... For me it stems from being paranoid that someone's gonna try and kill me. Do you have a reason for not liking it?
    Paranoia for me too I suppose. Add a bit of control freak into the mix, and voila. I like to be "prepared" by observing people, so that I'd have the chance to read the cues as to what they're probably going to do next and "defend" myself against the unexpected that way. I like to have control over myself in unexpected situations because I know I can't control people around me.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

In class: Never in the middle of the class, but either in the front or middle of the row.
    Movie Theater: 3-5 rows from the Front, and Centered
    Date: Across if it's just us. Next to each other if we have company. I'd have to be feeling extremely pda- like in the mood to make others vomit- to sit side-by-side with just the two of us.

Apart from that, I don't really care. Sometimes the only time I'll actively alter my seating arrangement is due to being left-handed. It can make eating on the right of a right-handed son-bitch a bit difficult .
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Where do you prefer to sit in the classroom?
    Oh, back in the day... towards the back for sure, and if in a lecture hall, to one side in the back - not in the middle. Partly because I was more comfortable getting the lay of the land with everyone else in front of me, partly because half of the time I would just be zoning out anyway and not paying much attention, and I wouldn't feel able to do that if I were up in the front in view of the professor.

How about in a movie theatre?
    In the middle, either halfway up or a little over halfway up.

If you go to a restaurant with your SO or a date, do you sit next to each other when you're sitting at the booth or across from each other?
    Oh, good god, this is funny, as my intj and I have discussed this very thing, and how silly it is for a couple to sit side by side. So..that said.. we sit across!!

Also, some people have quirks like they don't like to sit with their back to the wall and others have a certain place they like to sit when they watch TV... Do you have any idiosyncrasies when it comes to where you sit?
    I like sitting towards the side of a room/space rather than the center - if we're talking classes/events.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ