First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    As far as where my back faces... I want my back to be facing everyone in the restaurant.... The reason why is what my weird quirk is...
    I'm the exact opposite. I have to see everyone and everything.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm the exact opposite. I have to see everyone and everything.
    LoL, yeah, it works well for me. Most guys I hang out with are the same way. So they never fight me on wanting to sit with my back to everyone.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

In any other social situation, I want to be in the middle so I can hear everyone.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Where do you prefer to sit in the classroom?

It varies. Sometimes I'll want to sit where I can easily see the board and hear the teacher. Other times I like hiding in back if I'm gonna fall asleep at least I won't look so conspicuous.

How about in a movie theatre?

I prefer to have an aisle seat and not sit behind someone really tall. I also prefer not to sit in the very front row.

If you go to a restaurant with your SO or a date, do you sit next to each other when you're sitting at the booth or across from each other?

Across from each other.

Also, some people have quirks like they don't like to sit with their back to the wall and others have a certain place they like to sit when they watch TV... Do you have any idiosyncrasies when it comes to where you sit?

Not that I know of. Most of the time I don't really think about it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Class - back row in a small class (centre usually, or anywhere really); about 1/3 from the front in a larger class near the edges; first row of the second level in an auditorium-size class, in the center. Anywhere I can see while attracting the least attention.

Movie theater - middle and middle, where the best viewing angle is (looking straight ahead).

Restaurant - across from each other

TV - I have a favourite couch, but that's just for comfort. Either side is ok, the middle is awkward (between people) and uncomfortable.

Not very quirky in this area.
    -end of thread-

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Middle for the movie theatre.

Back row for the classroom. Because it is the closest place to the exit door in case the lecture is all about Power Point reading by the "professor", as most of them are. Also keeps me away from the people who ask lots of stupid questions.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

FRONT FRONT. SOFT VOICE + WANT TO PARTICIPATE = FRONT.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

In the classroom, front and center. Helps me to focus less about the people and what the professor is telling me. I don't like to be distracted by chatter and such, and being in the center helps me to focus. Also with rampant Ni, I usually end up zoning out in the middle of a lecture, where I end up formulating my own connections with the course material to my life's experiences, and coming up with new ways the lecture material connects with what I already know. Thing is, because I can zone out easily, I need to be right up front to focus, the professor is in front of me, so I know they will see me when I get semi-comatose. I do feel a bit self-conscious sitting the middle of everyone and a bit claustrophobic... too many people in one heap around me is a bit unnerving. I can easily forget people whenever I am sitting up front and center.

In a theatre, I prefer to sit in the middle, because I can get a full view of the stage/screen. I do not like my view to be blocked. It frustrates me when I get someone's head in my way, or I have to move my head over to the side, very uncomfortable. If it's going to a rock concert, if it's a band that I am moderately fond of, I like to sit in the middle... better view of the stage... but if it's a band I really love, I wish to sit right up front and center.

Going to a restaurant, I prefer to sit across from a significant other. More fun to get to gaze into their eyes.

Quirky places to sit? I suppose I feel weird facing west whenever I am studying. I feel like I get more energy from the eastern direction, or from the south. I suppose a bit of Feng Shui is involved here. When practicing keyboards I have to sit facing the speakers of my stereo so then I can play pieces by ear, convenient location to change CDs; but this quirk is more pragmatic than anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Enneagram
    9w8

In lecture classes I normally sit (on the floor, when I can) in the front and off to the side by the door. Nearest to the exit route, I can see everyone and make eye contact with the professor.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Also with rampant Ni, I usually end up zoning out in the middle of a lecture, where I end up formulating my own connections with the course material to my life's experiences, and coming up with new ways the lecture material connects with what I already know.
    Ahahaha.. This is exactly what I do too. I'm Ni dominant and I do the exact same thing in class. haha. I start zoning out and connecting everything to my life's experiences and then like you said the web of Ni just gets bigger.

Thing is, because I can zone out easily, I need to be right up front to focus.
    Thats my reasoning for sitting up front as well.