User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Classroom -- unless I don't like the class and it's super-easy I like to sit in the front center. Partly because I'm so easily distracted and partly because I'll take all the brown-noser points I can get.

Movies -- about a third of the way back and toward the center if it isn't too crowded.

Restaurant with SO -- usually across from. I let him face the window so he can look at the cars and I face the room so I can look at the people. He doesn't hear real well and doesn't really like interacting with people so I can also run interference for him that way. If the kids are with us, we're more concerned with making sure everyone fits comfortably and that the kids that don't get along as well are separated than we are about where we are in relation to each other.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Movies, dead center of the first row of the upper deck, the one with the rail for your feet.

MBTI
    INTP

Classroom--Front row, not necessarily center.

Theatre--three or four rows from the back, dead center. Unless it's a crowded theatre, then it's same row, edge. I hate having to climb over people to go to the bathroom. I'd rather be climbed over.

Restaurant--Infinitely prefer booth over table. Removed from the action. Across from each other, rather than side by side. If we're two people at a four person table, though, I'd rather sit next to you than across.
    Something Witty

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I have noticed a tendency to sit in the back left corner of large gatherings. In class I choose the back row to the left. In theaters I sit on the left side of the aisle in the back. I also like sitting next to an aisle, not boxed in by other seats.

So back left closest to the aisle.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ESFP

Back in school I would always sit in one of the back corners. Left, usually, unless the right one was closer to the door. If I'm picking the seats in the movie theater and there's open space I sit in the middle of the row a little forward of the center of the room because it's the best for view and sound. In restaurants I always sit across... sitting next to someone when there's an open seat across is just awkward.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

classroom(when i was in school): some back corner as far from the teacher as possible(easier to do other more interesting stuff or talk with people), even tho i cant see anything from back there. nowadays i would probably sit closer so that i can see well

movie theater: first row in the middle
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

i usually like sitting in the outermost aisles.
    i like a clean exit.

except on planes and at restaurants.
    i prefer window seats. i always like
    staring out the window.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

In classes, I didn't like to sit in first row, although it happened. Sitting in the last row isn't too great always either because teachers somehow tend to consciously pay more attention on the last row, because there mostly the "chaotics" sit ^^ I guess I like sitting somewhere near the last row, and here possibly more near to the sides than in the middle.

In movie theater, I like to sit in the middle of a row (because then you see the movie from the middle) and not too much in the front row, better is the middle rows or maybe somewhere more in the back, although maybe not the totally last rows.

Restaurant... well, I never dated, so I cannot tell how I sit with a SO or a date. With friends we sit so that we face each other.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Where do you prefer to sit in the classroom?
    Either in the very back row in the corner, or very front row in the corner. I feel like I will draw the least amount of attention to myself in one of those spots...

How about in a movie theatre?
    In the last row in the center. That's more of me avoiding people getting on my nerves. I hate when people put their feet on my chair, or kick the back of the chair... Drives me nuts to hear people talking, chewing popcorn, or drinking.... Needless to say, I don't go to the movies often.

If you go to a restaurant with your SO or a date, do you sit next to each other when you're sitting at the booth or across from each other?
    Sit across from each other usually. I like to see the person I'm with.... As far as where my back faces... I want my back to be facing everyone in the restaurant.... The reason why is what my weird quirk is...

Also, some people have quirks like they don't like to sit with their back to the wall and others have a certain place they like to sit when they watch TV... Do you have any idiosyncrasies when it comes to where you sit?
    The reason I like my back to people in a restaurant is because I don't like people to see me when I eat. I know it's ridiculous, but I always think people are going to be like "Man, look at that pig!" or "Look at the way she chews her food."

As far as the TV I'm not too picky, I just like to be sitting in a reclined position because otherwise my legs cramp up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Classroom - back row, or at least as far back as I can get, preferably on a corner (i.e., not in a middle row).

Movie Theater - A few rows from the back, middle seats. This is the only place I can think of where I don't like sitting on the end of a row.

Restaurant - Across from. I've never sat side-by-side with a date when it was just us, or been asked to, that I can recall. Side by side just looks awkward and unnatural in that setting.

Quirks - I don't like to have people sitting behind me if I can help it. I prefer to have a complete view of everyone in a given space (movie theater being the lone exception to this). That said, it's only a preference. I know a guy who refuses to sit with his back to the entryway of a restaurant. I'm not that weird about it.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good