First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

In the driver's seat or on top.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Oh, good god, this is funny, as my intj and I have discussed this very thing, and how silly it is for a couple to sit side by side. So..that said.. we sit across!!
    Haha... I have had this discussion as well. It seems like the new trendy thing to do now is sit next to each other in restaurants. Something about it just seems a little pretentious.

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    The screen dominates my entire field of view. I want to enhance the illusion that I'm "in" the movie, not "in a theatre watching a movie on a screen".
    Yes. exactly... That's what I like to do. I like to feel like I'm all up in the mix.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I always try to have my back to the wall and face the door in a restaurant or any other place I sit.

In class I'm right in front.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I like booths in restaurants. Hate sitting out in the middle. I would feel funny sitting alone next to my boyfriend on one side of the booth, but if it were four people, I kind of like being right next because you can communicate with each other better.

In movie theatres I don't like to be right at the front do that I have to look up. Maybe about halfway back. And I like staying till the credits are done, especially if it was a movie I liked.

For classes it depends how big of a room it is and how engaged I am in the subject matter. If it's something I care about, I like to be up front and fairly interactive, maybe about the 3rd or 4th row. If it's a stupid meeting, I prefer to sit at the back so that I can unobtrusively do other stuff.

In buses I like to be right in the middle between the two doors because it's the best post to watch people from.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Classroom : up front, but to the side, preferably near a window

Restaurant: booth, booth, always a booth, the more private the better

Movie theater: near the back - but not completely back - and dead center of the row, I will do physical maneuvers so that I may have the most central seat of the center row approximately four or five rows from the back of the theater

On a date in a restaurant I like sitting across from him so that I can look at him and talk to him. Sitting beside someone is more for cuddling.

I tend to have "spots" I get attached to as "my spot" when it comes to watching tv and those sorts of things. Tert/Inf Si?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Classroom: Front row, probably in the center. I like it this way because I'm not distracted by the students.

Theaters: Middle center.

Restaurants: Face to face and away from the crowd of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Classroom - near the door

With a friend - on the couch

With a SO - right beside, practically squished together

Out to eat - straight across from the person

When leading a group - as a member of the group, like in a circle of chairs and not up high or in "front" of the room.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    The other day I realized in school that if I don't sit in at least the first or second row of the classroom, then it's harder for me to get into the class. I like to sit right up in the front like a big huge dork. I also like to sit towards the front in the movie theatre.

So it got me wondering where other people prefer to sit in certain places.

Where do you prefer to sit in the classroom?
    I was either in the back or well towards the front - 2nd or 3rd row. I found it much easier to get into the class when I was in the front but had a habit of being late at times, which would result in sitting in the back.

How about in a movie theatre?
    Ha - just bought tickets for the fancy movie theatre. Second row in the middle. When I go see a live show, I like to be in the second or third row in the middle. You have to strain your neck too much if you're in the first row.

If you go to a restaurant with your SO or a date, do you sit next to each other when you're sitting at the booth or across from each other?
    I actually prefer tables to booths because I like to adjust the distance from where I'm sitting to the table which you can't do in a booth. With respect to seating position - Booth - across. Table - kitty corner.

Also, some people have quirks like they don't like to sit with their back to the wall and others have a certain place they like to sit when they watch TV... Do you have any idiosyncrasies when it comes to where you sit?
    I have a zero gravity chair for watching TV or movies at home. It is pretty awesome and I'm quite partial to it.
    Last edited by highlander; 11-08-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Movie- Middle center
    Class- A bit toward the front, but not totally up front.
    Restaurant- As far away from other living beings as possible.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I always like to be in the corner of places, boxed in.

In classrooms, I tend to sit one row from the back against the left wall. I don't like sitting between 2 people.

In the movies I sit one or two rows from the back, and not next to the edges of any isles. I hate sitting directly near people I don't know or like.

I've never been on a date.

On a couch I prefer to sit at the edge or in a corner if it's one of those couches with a corner.

Why do I do this? Because I like to and I'm slightly OCD (not to a medical degree, just have certain compulsions)
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."