User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Strawberries are not fruit. They are what is known as an accessory fruit. The actual fruit is what we refer to as the seeds and the actual seeds are inside said actual fruit.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Fact: firefighters no longer use poles, They stopped using them due to the personal injuries.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Fifty percent isn't even all that much, considering any two randomized DNA sequences will have 25% match overall by chance (there are only 4 possibilities at each position).

It doesn't surprise me that the DNA is similar since the basic cell level stuff is all the same - respiration, transcription, translation, signalling cascades, transcriptional regulation, protein degradation. You also take into consideration that the genomes of most higher species are roughly 90% "junk". "Non-junk" DNA, that actually codes for a protein or acts as a regulatory element, is much more highly conserved across species but at only ~10% of the genome it really doesn't contribute all that much to the overall similarity.

tl;dr: Having 50% of your DNA in common doesn't really mean anything.
    That's cool actually.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    Fact: firefighters no longer use poles, They stopped using them due to the personal injuries.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! ! GOD DAMN IT BRMC!!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Strawberries are not fruit.
    i never heard someone thinking that they are fruits
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i never heard someone thinking that they are fruits
    Thats odd. I've never heard of someone who DOESN'T consider them a fruit. But apples/pears/peaches fall under the category of accessory fruit as well, since the "core" is the actual fruit.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Thats odd. I've never heard of someone who DOESN'T consider them a fruit.
    edit.

i looked at this more closely and it seems that you call berries as fruits in english. in finland we make clear cut between fruits and berries, even tho berries are subcategory for fruits. thats why it sounded weird that someone would think that strawberry is a fruit. i know that they arent berries either, but generally people here think that they are berries since they look much like what we call berries instead of fruits
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

In 1954, U.S. president Dwight D. Eisenhower made contact with "Nordic" alien ambassadors on a vacation in Palm Springs CA when he visited a nearby air base. The aliens wanted Ike to eliminate all of the U.S.'s nuclear weapons for fear we would cause terrible damage with them. If this was accomplished, The Nordics would share their spiritual wisdom and technology with the government. Ike did not order a stop to nuclear production, however. Eisenhower later made deals with the Greys (another species of alien), allowing them to abduct and experiment on earthling creatures (including humans) so long as they returned the beings afterwards. Millions of people are now missing because of this. In his talks with these aliens, it was revealed to Ike through the superior spiritual knowledge of the extra-terrestrials that God did not exist. This upset the president, who would push for and later make law the motto "In God We Trust" to be placed on all US currency. Many think this was to counter the 'godless' communist agenda during the red scare. Like the Cold War and Vietnam conflict, this was only part of a volley of distractions aimed at the public to veer their eyes away from the reality of alien contact with Earth.

There's no such thing as a female peeping tom according to Mississippi law.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Despite the portrayal of a fictional John Ward as regretful of his conversion to Islam and piratical activity in A Christian Turn'd Turk, the real John Ward was in fact still an English pirate who had converted to Islam.

Moreover, he was amassing a huge fortune acting as a pirate off the Barbary coast, heedlessly attacking English vessels for their wealth and making implicit trade deals with the Moors for allowing him to use Tunis as a base for his operations.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.