First 12345 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Actually, Sherlock, your moon/sun combination is pretty conflicted as well - which is actually what I was trying to find in the first place.

Aries is fire cardinal and Cancer is water cardinal. Two directly and strongly opposing elements. One is impulsive and aggressive, the other is sensitive and motherly. Do you feel like you experience two very distinct voices in your head competing for your will? Do you find it difficult to live with both of them and have to somehow suppress one or the other?

As an Capricorn/Aries, my Aries is the devil. It is sexual, aggressive, impulsive, violent, and insensitive. Capricorn on the other hand is calm, collected, methodical, and practical. I've found the only way I can find peace for myself is to kill the Aries. And the only way a feminine force like Capricorn can kill the Aries is to trick it and outlast it. Because the Aries moon sits on the ego or desire, the approach I take is by building up the hopes for the Aries moon, get it all excited and hyped up and let it work towards some goal, and then snatch it away at the last minute.

Never let the ego be satisfied. Let it work. Let it drill itself to exhaustion. Let it kill itself to get what it wants. But never let it get what it wants. Ever. Lather, Rinse, Repeat - until it dies.

I'm almost done. I'm so fucking close...

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I just don't really buy into the idea that coincidental observable positions of solar masses determines who you are.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh, SB..........
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Sun is in 13 Degrees Libra.
    Very sociable, you enjoy being with others and definitely prefer not be alone. Warm and affectionate, you go out of your way to make others like you. You despise ugliness, for you being surrounded by beauty and harmony is a necessity of life. You prefer fine clothing, an attractive home and pleasant surroundings wherever you are. Your refined tastes apply to music and to art as well. At times, you are very indecisive you waver and falter when forced to make a choice because you have the ability to see both sides of any question. The positive part of this is that you are very fair-minded and can be trusted to settle disputes. Your greatest challenge is to take any one- on-one encounter and make the most of it.

Moon is in 01 Degrees Sagittarius.
    An idealist, you prefer the grand, the beautiful, the good and the noble. You get very disappointed when your high expectations in life are not met. Very curious by nature, you enjoy traveling and learning about other peoples and cultures. Try to avoid your tendency to ignore the small but important details of living. You are independent and free, and you want others to be that way, too. Optimistic, buoyant and cheerful, others like to have you around. You have an incessant desire to learn as much as possible about metaphysics, religion, philosophy and any other broad, deep subject. Your life tends to be punctuated by bursts of energy and frenetic activity.

I like your descriptions better than these. Astrology is as useful a personality inventory as any...except for birthdate dictating your type. It's like saying INTPs are only born on saturdays. That's my only gripe.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Heh. SB, I'm reversed of you. I'm a sun Aries and a Moon Capricorn. And an INFP.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Heh. SB, I'm reversed of you. I'm a sun Aries and a Moon Capricorn. And an INFP.
    Ah, interesting. I'll pose the same question to you as I asked Sherlock. Two distinct voices competing for your will? One says be methodical, careful and the other says be impulsive and aggressive? Do you find that that methodical, careful voice is the one you listen to more often and the impulsive, aggressive one, is the one you have to force yourself to ignore?

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

I like your descriptions better than these. Astrology is as useful a personality inventory as any...except for birthdate dictating your type. It's like saying INTPs are only born on saturdays. That's my only gripe.
    Yeah, the descriptions on the website generally suck. The ones on wikipedia are based on element/temperament so they are more accurate imo.

I'm hoping people will start looking at their own profiles and making connections themselves. It's basically what I do when I do a "reading" in vent. Look at the pieces that make up your profile. See how they interact and connect the dots.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    Ah, interesting. I'll pose the same question to you as I asked Sherlock. Two distinct voices competing for your will? One says be methodical, careful and the other says be impulsive and aggressive? Do you find that that methodical, careful voice is the one you listen to more often and the impulsive, aggressive one, is the one you have to force yourself to ignore?
    Well, to keep things in an Astrology context, my Mars sign, which is a key sign for Aries as it reflects aggression, is most likely Pisces. (I haven't determined my birth time yet, so this might be wrong, but its the most likely option for what I do know and it fits well.) It fits because there's a very otherworldly and mystical element that fuels my desires. But it's nonetheless active, and ignoring it only brings me misery.

When it comes time to get invested and take action, I eventually reach an emotional threshold (I get overly excited or stressed) which triggers me to stop in my tracks. At that point, I detach, analyze, and plan in order to try and find the most effective method to acheive my plans. Strong emotions bring out my cautious, calculating side.

I find I'm much more consistent and dependable in times of challenge and stress. When things are going well, I can get a bit sloppy.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Well, to keep things in an Astrology context, my Mars sign, which is a key sign for Aries as it reflects aggression, is most likely Pisces. (I haven't determined my birth time yet, so this might be wrong, but its the most likely option for what I do know and it fits well.) It fits because there's a very otherworldly and mystical element that fuels my desires. But it's nonetheless active, and ignoring it only brings me misery.

When it comes time to get invested and take action, I eventually reach an emotional threshold (I get overly excited or stressed) which triggers me to stop in my tracks. At that point, I detach, analyze, and plan in order to try and find the most effective method to acheive my plans. Strong emotions bring out my cautious, calculating side.

I find I'm much more consistent and dependable in times of challenge and stress. When things are going well, I can get a bit sloppy.
    Sounds like your Moon Capricorn gets the final say and is the restraining and disciplined element in your profile. Just out of curiousity, are you a morning person or a night person? Based on this, I would guess you're more of a night person.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    Oh, I didn't notice the question before. Firstly, I never have much of a desire to be aggresive. I occasionally feel like acting on impulse, but this is usually with something insignificant and when it comes to anything important, I am generally content with staying on the safe and controlled side.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."