User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default (un)lucky Types!

I came to the idea to post this thread on sunday, when I played doppelkopf, a common card game in germany, with some friends. I adviced one of them because I had to sit out one round(you only can play dk with 4 persons, we were 5). He lost terribly. Then he said:
    "I will never-ever hear to your advices again!"
    "Why? I already stated to you that it would be risky, but the chances were good. I can't give you tipps which will lead to the win with 100%."
    "Yeah, and your tipps actually ARE usually good, BUT you always attract the worst-case scenario!"
    Another added:"Around you, there ALWAYS happen things that are near impossibility. Sometimes it's good - f.e. killing two guys with one snipershot through both heads in BFBC2(he added that because I did that to him and his teammate^^), but mostly, it's bad."

And in fact, I'm often recognised having/bringing (bad) luck - pc's shut down near me, I occasionally find money on the street or on partys etc.

So, what about you? Are you lucky, unlucky or doesn't happen unexpected things around you? Why, do you think, is this the case? Could it be connected to the MBTI in some way?
    They say I only think in form of crunching numbers.....
    -Fall Out Boy

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm lucky I live in the Netherlands, but that's about it. My parents have a bad marriage, I had an unhappy teenagehood, high school turned me into a social retard, the first 10 years of my life I grew up in poverty, my body doesn't work, I'm sceptic about other people, I'm too nonchalant and I was blessed with ADD and a stripper name. What else do I want in life? WOOOHOOO!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

ESTPs and sometimes ENTPs in film and TV tend to be exceptionally lucky, doing impulsive crazy things and getting away with it by a weird twist of fate.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    ESTPs and sometimes ENTPs in film and TV tend to be exceptionally lucky, doing impulsive crazy things and getting away with it by a weird twist of fate.
    Yeah, I would in fact also guess that E and P tend to make you seem more exceptionally (un)lucky because they tend to just DO things, while I's usually think waaay to much before doing something and J's often don't do things that are out of their norm at all.
    -Fall Out Boy

MBTI
    ESFJ

I would say i've been unlucky in some regards but lucky enough to make it this far, lol.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
    Yeah, I would in fact also guess that E and P tend to make you seem more exceptionally (un)lucky because they tend to just DO things, while I's usually think waaay to much before doing something and J's often don't do things that are out of their norm at all.
    When the un is in brackets, does that mean lucky or unlucky?

But yeah, what I'm talking about is like Ferris Bueller, Barney Stinson, the Doctor etc. where they just run about and do insane dangerous or likely to get them in trouble things and then, just at the last moment, when it seems they're doomed, some really lucky thing saves them!
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    I was blessed with ... a stripper name.

Can't be all that bad.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

Can't be all that bad.
    My name is long, hard to spell, uncommon and Eastern-European. When you really think about it, in the Netherlands this name can only give me a successfull carreer in the sex and housekeeping business.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I don't believe in luck, but I often wander why I have to get bad news just as things are starting to look up for me, since I've been almost chronically disappointed with my life.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    When the un is in brackets, does that mean lucky or unlucky?

But yeah, what I'm talking about is like Ferris Bueller, Barney Stinson, the Doctor etc. where they just run about and do insane dangerous or likely to get them in trouble things and then, just at the last moment, when it seems they're doomed, some really lucky thing saves them!
    I mean both - my point is the word before that - exceptionally. If you don't take risks, you give many lucky & unlucky things not the opportunity to happen to you, thus it get's rather improbable that you seem lucky OR unlucky.
    -Fall Out Boy