MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Question Are you shy?

So, are you?

Do you think shyness has any thing to do with typology?

Can it be the sensation of the "S" that's adapting to a new environment? Or the "N" that don't understand it?
    Can it be the unconfort of a "J" that don't domains a circumstance? Or a "P" that's compelled to do it?
    An "I" that's compelled to express himself; an "E" that's compelled to be reserved... A "T" that´s compelled to feel, or a "F" that's compelled to think?

Can it be a kind of uncomfort due to a contradition with some circumstance?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Yes and no..

I am very sociable. I carry myself well in public and have gotten much better over the years .
    I can breeze a job interview.
    I can charm just about anyone.

But I am still a mess around a pretty girl.
    I am still very shy when people want me to talk about myself.

I can perform at will, Make up silly songs and dance around, tell jokes and stories
    imitate people and make up silly characters, until people ask me to, then I can't.
    As soon as I am in the spotlight and I know I am in the spotlight. I freeze.
    Then it's obvious I am shy.
    This Is the real reason I don't want to meet your parents, and these days your kids.
    Because I know they are watching

Sometimes shy, sometimes not shy, depends on the mood, I suppose.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Extremely shy; I rarely socialize well and I get nerveous having to talk to strangers. Often I feel incapable of properly socializing and I shy away from most social contact that isn't really close family of freinds.

Introversion may play a slight role in shyness in general; not saying that introverts are more shy than extraverts, just that introverts appear to be more shy.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

No. (Although what I consider myself seems to be the definition of what being 'shy' is).

In new social situations, I'm reserved and like to take observations and think about them before I speak or act. I'm also very humble at first, as if attention is called out to me, I tend to put it to someone else. I am in no ways timid.

In my strange little head I feel as though the less people know about me, the better off I am. That's not true, but that's my unfortunate mindset for the time being.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Yes. I believe there is some degree of correlation between shyness and introversions (Primary introverted functions).
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm shy. I'm a very quiet person and I dislike talking to people. When walking through campus I generally stare at the ground because if I don't make eye contact, people don't try to start conversations.

I don't think it has a lot to do with type. I can see ISTJs being very split between being shy and not shy.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I'm shy. I'm a very quiet person and I dislike talking to people. When walking through campus I generally stare at the ground because if I don't make eye contact, people don't try to start conversations.

I don't think it has a lot to do with type. I can see ISTJs being very split between being shy and not shy.
    I also dislike talking to people because most of the time there's no point to it. At one time I was shy because I was worried about the perception others had of me and whether I'd "fit in". Once I stopped worrying about that my shyness disappeared. I still don't like speaking to others very much and will avoid eye contact as it tends to prolong a conversation, but now that's my choice as opposed to a limitation.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

Banned

I'm not shy, I am meticulous about who I want to talk to.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I have been very shy in the past. Here and there I am still, but not that much anymore. It became less and less over the years.