User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Certainly not when you are born. But once you mature you can leave everything behind and do whatever you want.

And I would disagree most of us can find happiness. That is not what I see around me. But that's beside the point.
    Hmm.. this is a different thread entirely, and it's not an illusion that I really enjoy crushing. The freedom part, I mean.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh right...sure yep....agreed.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Anyway, I'm going to point back to S-tron's point: Forgiveness is for the forgiver. And I think all life deserves respect. Deterrents and quarentines can and should be implimented, we aren't obligated to provide happiness to murders, but we don't have the right to deny it to them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

totally agree yep.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Anyway, I'm going to point back to S-tron's point: Forgiveness is for the forgiver. And I think all life deserves respect. Deterrents and quarentines can and should be implimented, we aren't obligated to provide happiness to murders, but we don't have the right to deny it to them.
    Forgiveness is for the forgiver? I don't agree with that at all. What a grim world we live in, if every time someone screwed up he/she'd be quarantined from other people.

I'm not talking about the law here. I'm talking about emotions. The emotional stance towards someone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

To forgive someone is to change the emotional stance towards a person. You can forgive someone in their absence, without them knowing it, while they are imprisoned, of after they've died. Forgiveness is yours, not theirs. Giving your forgiveness to them is an act compassion as a result of your change in stance, but this holds no bearing on personal safety or justice. Compassion toward a feral dog doesn't mean letting it out of its kennel.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Sure of course.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius is someone who technically works with patients from a psychiatric hospital as he has probably explained before. These patients are from various medium secure forensic psychiatric wards. Obviously, they are not some drug dealers who liquidated some other drug dealer for transgressing their territory, but rather they have been detained indefinitely for committing serious crimes; like murders and other serious crimes which have mitigating circumstances.

Falcarius has never understood how diminished responsibility in criminal law works, in his mind it has little logical reasoning involved if any. Considering everyone who takes the life of someone has at least a degree of abnormality of mind, since it is not exactly normal thing people do: what must one do to prove their mind is substantially impaired if the act of murder is not enough?

One of the patients of the patients Falcarius worked with was locked up for murdering someone, he has mental health problems but he had mitigating circumstances in that there was a degree of provocation. Unlike the latter patient he oddly came across as sensitive, and displayed remorse to both Falcarius and others.

Another of the patients Falcarius worked with was detained indefinitely for what can be only be described as a premeditated frenzied attack. His life ambition was to become a serial killer with whom he was obsessed. He botched his first attempt, and butchered two people who witnesses his attempt. After spending a few years in a maximum security hospital he was moved to a less secure unit. Now psychiatrists say he is harmless and he will probably be released back into society soon.

Falcarius understands why the former was released but he does not understand why the latter of the two could even be considered for release. As it is impossible to be certain he will not do it again, especially consideration of how disturbing his crime was. While Falcarius accepts it is right the latter patient is considered low risk now, he thinks it probably best for his own good if he stays in hospital since he highly doubts he could function in society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

If psycopath:
    No.
    Else, possibly, depending on a variety of factors: Whether they regret their decision, how cruel or evil or dangerous the person they killed was, the circumstances, cold or hot blooded, etc.

I don't think ALL murderers should necessarily be condemned to a life of suffering, but a lot should. It's all relative.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."