User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Who has total freedom? Almost everyone has to do things they don't want to do and be places they don't want to be to survive.
    Freedom is being able to choose whether to do those things or not. I "need" a job to survive. But maybe, if I'm crazy enough, I'll move to a commune in Turkey and grow my own vegetables to be able to eat everyday.

MBTI
    INFP

You lost me

MBTI
    ISFJ

You lost me
    Freedom is choice. If you can't chose, you're not free. Most people can choose most things. Prisoners can choose very little.

MBTI
    INFP

No you didn't lose me, but that's ridiculous.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Freedom is choice. If you can't chose, you're not free. Most people can choose most things. Prisoners can choose very little.
    I disagree with this part. We're all imprisoned to some degree, yet I think most of us can find happiness.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    I disagree with this part. We're all imprisoned to some degree, yet I think most of us can find happiness.
    Certainly not when you are born. But once you mature you can leave everything behind and do whatever you want.

And I would disagree most of us can find happiness. That is not what I see around me. But that's beside the point.

MBTI
    INFP

Sorry Moiety, my responses were delayed because I was on my iPhone. Now I'm on a computer. I've seen happy prisoners on TV (don't laugh). There are people that enjoy the security of prison as opposed to trying to feed and house yourself in the real world.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    No one (save for the victim's family) is gonna admit they would execute someone out of vengeance anyway.

I posted this thread to question myself as to where people draw the line to what is forgivable VS non-forgivable.
    huh? what other reason is there? they all say...make him pay!! take his life!! fry the bastard! or he isn't worth our tax dollars and whatever else...i'm saying if the dude can be confined away from everyone and somehow within himself be healed or rehabilitated and right with himself...then i believe he has the right to do it...i think that's the kind of chance he deserves...he should be allowed to read books...maybe speak with a therapist...a life is a life and i don't think any of us have a right to take it. i think we have the right to protect ourselves and put limits on the lives of those who would choose to harm us...but they still deserve a life...to live...experience..learn and to feel...now if it's someone who accidentally ran someone over in the street...or killed someone while driving under the influence...those sorts of things...yes of course i believe they have to deal with some consequences but then should be allowed a chance at a regular life.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Sorry Moiety, my responses were delayed because I was on my iPhone. Now I'm on a computer. I've seen happy prisoners on TV (don't laugh). There are people that enjoy the security of prison as opposed to trying to feed and house yourself in the real world.
    I'm not saying it's impossible to be happy in prison. Some monks can find happiness in a lot harsher conditions (or so they say).

The point is that, it severely limits one's possibilities and no one looks fondly on the idea of being in prison. Btw, this topic is not about Moiety saying someone who murders someone shouldn't go to prison. Just a disclaimer.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    huh? what other reason is there? .
    I wasn't replying to you directly. Was just saying that there are a lot of people that would claim it's for security, when it's really out of revenge yes.