Thread: I need a hug

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default I need a hug

Right now I feel like I could I just explode with frustration.

I got yet another rejection letter in the mail for a job I felt I had a very good chance of getting. I'm getting to the point where I've accumulated so many of them that you'd think it would no longer phase me. But this one in particular is upsetting because its from a place I used to work for and its the exact same job I once did. Yeah, its only a substitute teaching job to supplement my income and its not like I'd make a whole lot of extra money but every little bit helps. And getting a job offer, any offer is a boost to the self-esteem no matter how minor.

You see, I worked there a couple of years ago until they have to eliminate most of the substitutes due to budget constraints. I received an excellent performance review from that place and my colleages all had good things to say about me. So when I interviewed for the position, I thought I had an extremely good chance of landing the position. I thought the interview went well too. Where did I go wrong??????

I called the school district today to ask more details on their selection criteria and the only thing they would tell me is that other candidates had skill sets that were closer to what they were looking for. That and because I already have a part-time job, they were worried I wouldn't be available enough. Baloney. A lot of substitute teachers work part-time elsewhere. And my part time job is weekends and one or two weekdays depending on the week. So I'm available more often than not.

When I asked for specifics regarding what specific skills I should work on enhancing to make myself a more competitive candidate, they couldn't tell me nothing due to liability issues.

I'm so frustrated I'm ready to pull out my hair. This afternoon I've cried my eyes out and now I got a headache from crying so much. Life just sucks.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

*hug*

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqf4NEZljWY"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

*hug*

I know it's frustrating, but take a step back...if they only had ONE position open, and the other candidate had greater availability, it's not a great insult that you didn't get the job. If they were hiring six subs and you didn't get one of the six, then you'd have to wonder what you'd done wrong.

Is there another school district within driving distance? There are also a few websites that hire online tutors. Good luck!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ISFJ

I don't have any context-specific advise, but if I learned anything is that resumés and the like are worthless. Talking face to face with the employer whenever possible (or impossible) is always best imo.

Banned

Phantonym

MBTI
    yupp

In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I lack advice on this subject, but I do offer you a genuine hug. I hate crying until I make myself ill.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've also noticed that once I get upset about one thing it starts to spill into other areas. Things start bothering me that normally wouldn't and I start blowing things up out of proportion.

Example, I just joined another forum and made an introductory post and NOT A SINGLE PERSON bothered to respond or welcome me. I know alot of people don't even bother to read introductory posts but it pisses me off and makes me seriously question my worth. I even get bothered when I do get replies to my posts if they are not enough or seem to be less than what others are getting for similar things. Sometimes even on this forum I feel like I'm being overlooked or people aren't all that interested in what I have to say.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism