User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: I need a hug

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Example, I just joined another forum and made an introductory post and NOT A SINGLE PERSON bothered to respond or welcome me. I know alot of people don't even bother to read introductory posts but it pisses me off and makes me seriously question my worth.
    i don't have much advice for you either. But, you did make me realize I can at least be welcoming. I'm gonna go into the Noob sub-forum and welcome a few people.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I've also noticed that once I get upset about one thing it starts to spill into other areas. Things start bothering me that normally wouldn't and I start blowing things up out of proportion.

Example, I just joined another forum and made an introductory post and NOT A SINGLE PERSON bothered to respond or welcome me. I know alot of people don't even bother to read introductory posts but it pisses me off and makes me seriously question my worth. I even get bothered when I do get replies to my posts if they are not enough or seem to be less than what others are getting for similar things. Sometimes even on this forum I feel like I'm being overlooked or people aren't all that interested in what I have to say.
    1) I read introductory posts about once a year. If I remember.

2) You're still kind of new here. Remember that it takes a long time for people to get to know you. The more your posts stand out over time, the more you get recognized. But it takes time. You can't expect to have the same amount of attention paid to you immediately that others who've been here for years and years get. Those are relationships that are built over time.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    GONE

Also, keep in mind on a forum, unlike real life, people aren't physically there and unless someone posts a response you have no idea if they have actually read your post or what the response is. The feedback you get on forums is in some ways easier and some ways harder (takes more time) than in IRL.

When it comes to a job, like for subs, if you really think you were lacking somewhere as a sub, take that as an impetus to work on your professional skills or job search. Whether that means networking or getting an accreditation or just a tighter resume. And do you like teaching? What is your ultimate job goal? Don't sweat the small stuff is this is just a minor blip.

Here's a hug!

Annnnd, Vasilia - what the heck is the creature?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Sloth. Not the sin, the slow-moving mammal.

[YOUTUBE="ffNvnaXg47k"]sloths[/YOUTUBE]
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I swear I'm not making this up or saying it just to make you feel better -- I almost sent you a friend request last time I was here (couple days ago or so). I enjoy your posts, I like your avatar, "Dementia in Abstentia" makes me grin, I mean ... I'm a fan.

Ok, now I'm embarrassed and I don't know what else to say. I'm gonna post this before I get tied up in shy and back out of saying it.

I like you.

Some days are better than others. Try to keep your chin up.

First the consolation

...then the beatingSelf worthiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

P.S. Who gets or doesn't get a substitute teacher job is almost always very politcally based. You can't take their rejection as a measure of your self-worth or skill set AT ALL. The stuff they said in response to your questions is canned. It just means "I won't tell you why, and this is the answer I've been told to give that won't get me into any legal trouble." Nothing they said to you reveals any information about you.

The frustration at not being employed is ok, but the idea that your not getting that job has anything to do with whether or not you are qualified or deserve it is wrong, so I'd say try not to take it down that path.

Although I understand that once you start crying, it's about everything -- as long as you don't believe yourself about it when it's over.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

You asked for it, you've got it!

I've got a for you.

Sounds like things are sucking right now and I'm sorry you're going through that. FWIW, I hate crying too. I've never understood why folks say "you'll feel better after a good cry". Headache: check; swollen, red face, esp. nose: check; runny nose: check; feel better: HFN!!!!!

I do hope it gets better or at the very least, you feel better soon.

(2 for 1 night).

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post

I swear I'm not making this up or saying it just to make you feel better -- I almost sent you a friend request last time I was here (couple days ago or so). I enjoy your posts, I like your avatar, "Dementia in Abstentia" makes me grin, I mean ... I'm a fan.

Ok, now I'm embarrassed and I don't know what else to say. I'm gonna post this before I get tied up in shy and back out of saying it.

I like you.
    I like you too. Thanks for your kind words.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne