User Tag List

First 234

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Pft, I'm trick or treating this year! It's my favorite holiday! I plan how my costumes gonna be like a month in advance. I BETTER get some fricken candy!
    Who made themselves king and decided there was an age limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    12 and under is ridiculous. if 13-15 year olds aren't allowed trick or treat on halloween, a lot more of them are going to be going to parties and getting fucked up instead. 16 and under maybe, but is it really that big of an issue that a law needs to be made? if you think someone's too old to trick or treat and don't want to give them candy, you don't have to.
    Fucked up AND THEN trick or treating, ftw. Maybe. I haven't actually done it.

Sniffles

Well looks like Mischief night(October 30) is going to be gaining in popularity in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I was never allowed to trick or treat because my family WAS christian, and "didn't want to promote devil worship by celebrating the night of the damned" or some crap like that.
    I don't understand this, considering that Halloween is a Christian holiday, related to All Saints' Day on November 1:
    The origins of Halloween are, in fact, very Christian and rather American. Halloween falls on October 31 because of a pope, and its observances are the result of medieval Catholic piety.

It’s true that the ancient Celts of Ireland and Britain celebrated a minor festival on October 31--as they did on the last day of most other months of the year. However, Halloween falls on the last day of October because the Feast of All Saints, or "All Hallows," falls on November 1. The feast in honor of all the saints in heaven used to be celebrated on May 13, but Pope Gregory III (d. 741) moved it to November 1, the dedication day of All Saints Chapel in St. Peter’s at Rome. Later, in the 840s, Pope Gregory IV commanded that All Saints be observed everywhere. And so the holy day spread to Ireland. The day before was the feast’s evening vigil, "All Hallows Even," or "Hallowe’en."

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Chri...after-All.aspx
    Then again some people do insist that Catholicism is devil worship. :rolli:

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I don't understand this, considering that Halloween is a Christian holiday, related to All Saints' Day on November 1:
    I don't understand it either, but you can't argue with crazy people, especially when a few others at the church reinforced that opinion. I'm not sure how common it is but I think we weren't the only ones, though plenty at our church DID go trick or treating.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Meh, I trick or treated until I was sixteen, going up to doors and such. I'm five-foot even, so I was able to "pass" without too much trouble. I still go trick or treating, but only with my younger cousins. I don't go up to the doors unless the kids want me to. Now they go do it at the church, which I think is a little stupid. I loved going house to house, not to six different trunks and you're done.

And yes, I still dress up on Halloween. I hand out candy to the kids since I'm usually wearing my fatigues. I find it great fun, and if I do see a high schooler trying to get candy (with a decent costume) I don't give them shit about it.

I just think the law trying to ban it is stupid. If someone looks scary, use your common sense and don't answer the door. Or, if you're in a rural area, blast them with your 12 gauge
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Then again some people do insist that Catholicism is devil worship. :rolli:
    I don't know, I think that The Exorcist did a great job of me completely peeing my pants every time I hear Catholic music (or whatever it is that you call all those voices kind of moaning together...)

No offense Peguy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Sniffles

Oh you must be talking about Gregorian Chant.

[youtube="LXhaE-CTWJ4"]Gregorian chant ftw![/youtube]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8