Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    Fuck that, if I was back in Canada, I'd still get my ass in a costume and trick-or-treat the hell out of my community.

I'd use my little sister as an excuse.

Proudly,

-The 22 yr old.
    Yep. Borrow nieces and nephews, get candy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It'd be an interesting social experiment, for a group of older folks to go trick or treating and take note of how many people turn them away.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

I remember people giving me a hard time when i went trick-or-treating at age 13. They still gave me candy, but I heard a few "aren't you too old for this?"

I think it comes down to the fact that people like giving candy to cute kids not annoying teens.

I'll add that the older the trick-or-treaters are the more likely it LITERALLY becomes TRICK-or-TREAT.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INTP

It can be intimidating for strangers to open their doors to teens they don't know--they're kind of unknowns. There can be an element of danger, or at least a seeming element of danger/risk. Not to mention, Halloween candy is freaking expensive even when it's just little kids who are trick are treating. On the other hand, dressing up and getting candy is fun no matter what your age. I would say the compromise would be for teens to only trick or treat at the houses of people they know, and make sure they're recognizable in their costumes.
    Something Witty

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

No old is too old, buuuut don't push it if people don't want to give you anything or open their doors, and be prepared to be considered either very weird or very frightening.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

We don't have Halloween here, instead children trick or treat here on the sixth of January, during Epiphany. I've never been allowed to trick or treat, because my family wasn't christian. I was so jealous of the other kids. They could all dress up like little kings, sings songs for strangers and get candy for it while I had to sit inside all day.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

we trick or treat in easter and we dress up as witches. halloween isnt really a big thing in finland
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

They are trying to ban anyone 15 or older from trick or treating in my city. I say trying because it's really hard to figure out someone's exact age when they show up at your door in a costume.... What are people gonna do....Ask for their ID? Isn't it easy enough to just lie and say I'm 12 I don't have one.

I think it's ridiculous, if someone wants to throw on a costume and get free candy, more power to them. Oh yeah... And if they want to walk door to door, at least they are getting a workout. My freshman year of high school, we opened the front door to a 6'7" pink bunny. It was the senior who lived down the street from me. After I stopped laughing I gave him some candy. If someone of that size can walk around in a pink bunny costume, he deserves some candy!

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    I've never been allowed to trick or treat, because my family wasn't christian. I was so jealous of the other kids.
    I was never allowed to trick or treat because my family WAS christian, and "didn't want to promote devil worship by celebrating the night of the damned" or some crap like that. (I was actually not even allowed to participate in making witches/black cat/etc decorations in school.) And there was probably a healthy dose of stranger danger contributing too, even if supervised because you know everyone gets poisoned candy and razor blades.

The first time I was allowed to go was when I put my foot down - grade 7 - maybe early teens? It was around the time when everyone else was getting "too cool" to trick or treat. I only went maybe 3 times, the last time I was about 16 (I definitely felt I was getting too old, and was getting told that a lot, too). I guess I probably did better without the candy but I would've been so sad if a law meant I could never go trick or treating because my parents were crazy when I was younger. It sucked to see everyone get free candy at school for weeks - though to their credit, my parents did buy us a bit of candy when it went on sale the next day - but it wasn't the same.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't understand this. I've never been afraid of a trick or treater, even when we lived in a more urban area and a real possibility existed and I'm happy to give candy to older kids as well as little ones. I also don't understand the churches providing an alternative to it in parking lots where you decorate a car. Go trick or treating WITH you children. If you think some houses are questionable, don't go to them. If you are religious and don't approve of celebrating the pagan harvest holiday....how is doing it at a church acceptable?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.