User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default How many people do you have on your ignore list?

I'm curious. Please don't list names here! I don't want this to get nasty. Just give a number.

I don't have anyone on the ignore list here and am unlikely to add anyone. I had one person on ignore on another forum but eventually removed him because even though he could be a jerk sometimes, I was still curious to hear what he had to say on certain things.

The only circumstances I could see putting someone on ignore was if they were harrassing me in a major way or if they were some sort of troll or spammer. Most of the people in the latter category end up banned anyway before I have the chance to "ignore" them.

Also do you see any type correlations to whether or not forum users put people on ignore and why they do so?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Oberon

Zero, as of a couple of days ago. I only ever had one before that.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

None. And I generally don't utilize ignore lists on any forums. I don't like feeling like a big part of a conversation/discussion/debate is missing from a thread because I have placed a member on ignore. I don't find myself being so riled up by any member that I am not capable of controlling my feelings about their post, or my own response to them.

I suppose if someone were spamming my inbox with PM's enough that the notifications became bothersome, I might use it. But I can't imagine there are many members who would keep up such an act if they received no response back. (Yeah, I know one of you smart asses are going to start PMing me repetitively just to see, now. )
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

none... how can I be a bitch to people I dislike if I have them on ignore?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFJ

Ignoring is in my opinion the ultimate insult, therefore the only person I'm willing to ignore is myself.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Ignoring is in my opinion the ultimate insult, therefore the only person I'm willing to ignore is myself.
    Really? I wouldn't be bothered if someone put me on ignore. Actually, someone on this forum apparently has already and it mostly made me laugh.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have two dogs on my list.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

awww... I'd never put a doggy on ignore

love it though
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

None. I had maybe two people on ignore at one point, but only for a couple of days until I calmed down and started thinking rationally.

If I kept people on ignore the curiousity would kill me, so I decided that developing self-control was more valuable than taking the ignore list way out.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Oh yeah this too, ofc.