User Tag List

First 45678 Last

None currently on ignore. Ignore is normally a manual process since each post stands by itself. So if someone shows repetitively bad posts, they're effectively ignored. If their posts show quality here and there, they're not always ignored, etc.

It's when it gets personal that detracts from discussions. And when this happens, ignore can be an effective tool for concentrating mammoth threads with emotional silliness, into quality reasonable length threads.

To be fair, it's not as if I don't sometimes indulge in being part of the problem too.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

TypeC was the first forum I encountered that had an ignore function. I'm used to dealing with interpersonal conflicts as they arise, and I enjoy the potential learning opportunities these experiences can offer, so I mainly use the ignore button for users who contribute ideas I consider a bit 'spammy', repetitive, unreadable, or irrelevant to the topics at hand. The said posts are often too jarring and distracting to skip alone, and the list facilitates a smoother read.

This is not to say that these posters (currently 5) do not provide an overall quality discussion, but that I don't have the necessary tools to effectively engage with them, or process their judgment as I would like. However, if you asked me whom I actively disdain, my list would look different. I make it a habit to avoid keeping personal baggage as much as possible, so that's why many of them were never 'Ignored'. Being ignored or dislike is rarely a permanent situation IMO, people change, and I change -- as we gain new experiences or skills, our thoughts will change alongside them.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I would never put anyone on an ignore list. Even if I don't like them, it would always bother me knowing that there are some posts present which I simply can't see.
    Likes Kas liked this post

There is only one person I ask to put me on their Ignore List. I beg them, I beseech them. I implore them. But do they put me on their Ignore List? I don't know. Who knows? Only them. And they keep it a close wrapped secret.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I would never put anyone on an ignore list. Even if I don't like them, it would always bother me knowing that there are some posts present which I simply can't see.
    yeah same

curiosity will get the best of you and I I'd presume. It's really hard to dislike someone enough for that anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Zero. I never put anyone on ignore, even before becoming a moderator.

Everyone eventually has something worthwhile to say, and when they don't, it is easy enough just to pass by their posts without comment.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No one. I tend to forget about that option. But even if a few words are exchanged and I hate someone's guts, it usually lasts literally for like a few minutes, then I'm over it. Thank you distractions!
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Five.

None of them are missed.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth