User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Kids, SO, family then friends .. In that order
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISFJ

I hate to think in terms of hierarchy. But for me, it's about which people have earned my trust, and how much of my trust.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Significant Other, Friends, Family.

I think it's a lot to do with having the choice and knowing the succession in which they have the choice regarding me.
    While family can always be there for someone by default, it's the default part that wards me off. Friends and significant others are there for other reasons and, although they may not be as solid as family tends to be, they are choosing to give over their time and caring toward someone.
    Significant Others trample on friends for me, because a significant other is usually my closest friend and the one who is in touch with my deepest feelings for a person. To not consider them first, alongside myself, is unthinkable to me. It is a problem if you neglect any of these aspects though, even if there is a hierarchy in play.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I have no SO right now, but a good long-term relationship means top of the list. After that... honestly, I'm not sure. I've had to help friends and do more for friends than family, and did so happily. I'd say they might edge out family by a hair? But I can't be sure until I actually had to make a call like that.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    I hate to think in terms of hierarchy. But for me, it's about which people have earned my trust, and how much of my trust.
    yeah, i think so too.
    although i think i give out trust real openly and freely to everybody, and then SOME people loose it.

what is that US Marine saying? God, Country, Corps- is that right? is somebody a marine that knows that saying?

MBTI
    INTj

Family by far. There is nothing like a blood bond.

I used to be naive and think that a SO could come close, but I think that's crazy talk now. Family will forgive you for whatever you do and will stand with you through the toughest parts of your life. I was abandoned by my ex while I was down for a few months and I had put her in the same league as family. Thankfully I bounced back like one month after and have never been happier

I've never heard of anyone regretting putting family first. Can't say the same thing about SOs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ

^you haven't heard about enough families then.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    ^you haven't heard about enough families then.
    Yeah maybe...I forgot to mention that I'm from the Middle East. I feel like family means much more in my culture than what I've gathered in the US
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Well, you know that saying 'With friends like that, who needs enemies?" I always say "With friends like that, who needs family?" My husband is the one person in the world I know I can absolutely rely on. The family I came from . . . not a good idea. Hopefully our kids will find us more reliable than we've found our parents, etc.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

My husband and I come first. Kid comes second with grandkids, family (a bit dysfunctional here but blood and all that) then friends.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~