User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default see the world! sail the world!

ADVENTURE!!

have any of you guys traveled the world a lot?
    i love to travel and be nomadic, it is in my blood.
    do any of you have cool travel stories and adventures?
    i have had some really great adventures.... they power your soul! they drive you!!

my wife and kids and i are going to sail the world for the next few years. i am stoked! it is going to be great. we are leaving in a couple weeks.
    we bought a boat from our good friends, they have already lived and sailed it all across the world - they are world adventurers to the extreme!! i think they are selling us their boat because they have decided it is not enough of a challenge anymore. they will probably build a new sailboat out of driftwood and woven grass to replace it,haha. they are those friends who any adventure you have had they have already topped it times 1000. but they are real modest good-hearted people, and great to have a beer with!

anyway... my wife and i are going to go to Rio in Brazil for a little while, and then we are going to see Machu Picchu before we set sail. we are are going to sail real extensive, we are for sure going to circumnavigate the world once, but i know it will take us a long long time to get around because we are easily distracted! haha. but that is the plan...
    other than that we don't have plans...
    we have tons of friends all around the world, we have to visit them all or we will never hear the end of it!
    i think that just visiting all our friends around the world will pretty much take care of 3 years of sailing, hahaha!

if any of you guys want to meet up with my wife and i, let me know! that would be super cool. let me know and i will send you my email address. i love to meet people++
    i would love to hang out with you guys, have a few beers or lemonades, listen to some good music and good conversation!

have any of you had some cool world adventures?

I long for adventure, but it requires a good deal of money. Because of that, I hate the real world, ironically.

Just saying

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

OMG that is like soooooooooooo awesome!! I long for that too. I've not seen any of the world so I'm just about dying.

On another note, I know a guy who sailed around for 6 months straight. He said it was an awesome learning experience. He's pretty wealthy though so he could do that.

MBTI
    ESFJ

You said the magic word ADVENTURE

I haven't travelled an awful lot but i have been to Tunisia, Ibiza, Canary Islands, Canada (x3), Edinburgh, London .. Lol.

I was hoping to go to Berlin or Paris this week but instead renewed my passport :steam:

The idea of travelling appeals to me greatly. When my boys were young, i always hoped to be in a position to travel the world with them for 6 months (they'd learn more in the real world than in a classroom) but i didn't have the means to do so. When they are older i plan to do a lot of travelling alone, off the beaten path. I want to go to Thailand, Australia, India, Russia, Berlin, Paris, Vienna, America, Mexico .. Pretty much everywhere .. This free spirit is not going to be caged
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    STUF

Adventure that is expensive is rarely adventure.
    Whoops.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've never left the U.S. and I've never been out of the Eastern Standard time zone. =( I've only been up and down the east coast.

I was supposed to spend a year studying abroad in Australia, but it was being planned around September '01... When the WTC attacks happened they cancelled the program. I'm not entirely sure what the logic in cancelling it was...

I would love to travel. Specifically to Australia and New Zealand, but also several places in Europe. This winter I should be going on a trip to California, which will be the first time I've ever been to the West coast.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

I'm happy for you. If you need any information on South America, message me.

I sailed the Atlantic Ocean and the North Sea in 2008. Now I want to visit Asia and Australia.

I still keep in touch with people I've met back then. Some of them are even trying me to take me to their home land.

You said first Rio, then Machu Picchu. Why not southern South America?

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

I've traveled to a fair share of places. I was brought up that way. I like this quote, maybe it will speak to you, too:

Arriving at each new city, the traveller finds again a past of his that he did not know he had: the foreignness of what you no longer possess lies in wait for you in foreign, unpossessed places.
    - Italo Calvino, Invisible Cities

Maybe you will return from your adventure and find yourselves inspired to create art, like the group Tennis

Congratulations. Please be safe, listen to your intuition out there and Bon Voyage!
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Adventure that is expensive is rarely adventure.
    yeah, that is my feeling too+

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    You said the magic word ADVENTURE

I haven't travelled an awful lot but i have been to Tunisia, Ibiza, Canary Islands, Canada (x3), Edinburgh, London .. Lol.

.. This free spirit is not going to be caged
    right on!!
    i really want to go to Algiers and Tunisia and morocco and north africa. i have never been to africa. i remember when i was a kid i read Camus and then i decided i was in love with N. Africa after that, hahaha.... and then when i found out more about it later it was much much better!! did you like the canary islands? they seem like they would be really really amazing to me....
    did you like Ibiza? i feel like i am not cool enough to go to Ibiza, haha.
    i have been to canada a lot, it is an awesome place.
    i went backpacking in scotland, but i never went to England.

i guess that some people see sailing as a real rich-man's hobby.... i am not rich for sure.... the sailing people i have known have always been the wicked-poor boatsmen, not the posh yachters... i have always known the boating class that is afraid of credit-cards and hates banks and realizes that bathing is SUPER OVERRATED. haha!!

i have always found it really easy to travel and have amazing adventures with no money, but i guess it is super easy when you LOWER YOUR STANDARDS and love it more when things are crazy and harsh and messed up. i have to raise the bar for the safety of my family, but my wife and i are both basically hippies.......
    i do think it can be easy for some people to see travel as being real prohibitively expensive, but i have always found that when you really seize it and are DEDICATED to making life happen it is very very cheap to travel.
    but like i said, low standards++

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    You said first Rio, then Machu Picchu. Why not southern South America?
    i don't know a ton about south america. my wife has been there a lot, she speaks portuguese and lived in Sao Paulo for a while. i really want to go to Chile, that seems like a super amazing country to me++
    but the native ruins are are real amazing to me and my wife, so we want to go to machu picchu. my wife is Mayan, she is mexican but her ancestors were mayan.

and we are picking up our boat in Rio de Janeiro -- our friends who we are buying it from are sailing right now, and they are going to meet us with the boat in Rio, and then we are going to have some work done on the boat there in rio before we set sail.
    do you live in s. america Donna Cecillia?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I've traveled to a fair share of places. I was brought up that way. I like this quote, maybe it will speak to you, too:

Arriving at each new city, the traveller finds again a past of his that he did not know he had: the foreignness of what you no longer possess lies in wait for you in foreign, unpossessed places.
    - Italo Calvino, Invisible Cities
    that is cool, i do like it. i feel like i am never aware of connections until way after the fact, i can't process them and understand things until long after it has happened....
    but there is that feeling when you travel, when you see this whole new thing-- and you have to be in that place in that time in that frame of mind to really be opened up to it++ it is great, i love it. it expands your world in a huge way.

MBTI
    ----

all best kingfisher!

if you and your dynamo crew find yourself moored in australia drop me a note - i'm on the indian ocean side! lol. i would gladly catch up for a glass of aussie wine and i love swapping stories with globetrotters.

i love travel too - nothing compares. there are two things that have changed my life: falling in love and travel. i've travelled a fair bit - i've visited every continent except africa and antarctica so far. i will cross those off too one day.

[rio + sail boats reminds me of duran duran. be sure to pack a pastel pink shirt and dance 80s style to this on the boat while drinking champagne]

[YOUTUBE="q7VjrW5zgqQ"]RIO[/YOUTUBE]