User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

there is a logical fallacy in the thread title: if it was the world's hardest logical puzzle, it wouldn't have been solved yet.

exhibit a: our universe.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Ups, thought I had it but overlooked one factor. Nvm. :P

Figured it was way too simple.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Ooh, got it! My previous faulty explanation wasn't too far off, I had the same questions but forgot abut ja/da. Instead had the questions ask yes or no. I just needed to integrate da/ja. Instead of yes/no. It's a fairly simple process of elimination. (If you know the more simple true/false riddles it should be fairly easy to crack, as it's pretty much the same, but with a step extra.)

Spoiler:

1. God A: if God B is random, would you say da?

If god A is random it would answer either ja or da, it means both B and C are not random.

a. If the answer is da and God A is truly or falsely, God B is random. As both truth and false god would answer the same if the statement is correct. Both pointing out that either God A or B is random. And C is definatly not random.

b. If the answer is ja and God A is truly or falsely, God B is not random. As both truth and false god would answer the same if the statement is incorrect. Both pointing out that either God A or C is random. And B is definatly not random.

2. To the non-random God B or C depending on the answer of question 1 (Let's call him God X): If you are the true, would you say da?

Truly: If he is the true god, he would say da. Wether da means yes or no.
    Falsely: If he is a false god, he would say ja. Wether da means yes or no.

3. Ask God X: If God A is random would you say da?

If the answer to 2 is da and 3 is da, then God A is random, God X is truth and the remaining God is false.
    If the answer to 2 is ja and 3 is ja, then God A is random, God X is false and the remaining God is truth.
    If the answer to 2 is da and 3 is ja, then God A is false, God X is truth and the remaining God is random.
    If the answer to 2 is ja and 3 is da, then God A is truth, God X is false and the remaining God is random.

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I think the questioning should be rephrased along the lines of: "If God B is random, would he say, "da" to "are you random?" Without the specification at the end, there's no way any God would know what random would say, right? Or would they just not answer?

On that note, would it be better to start the questioning regarding "True/False" rather than random?
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Chameleon View Post
    I think the questioning should be rephrased along the lines of: "If God B is random, would he say, "da" to "are you random?" Without the specification at the end, there's no way any God would know what random would say, right? Or would they just not answer?

On that note, would it be better to start the questioning regarding "True/False" rather than random?
    If you are responding to my post then here's my response to yours. If you're just trying to figure it out on your own, don't read the spoiler below.

The point is that you don't need to know if it is true or false. The first question works like this.

Question: If God B is random, would you say da?

Situation 1, the god you ask is the random God.

If the God A you ask is the random god. He will say either da or ja. In this case, however as he is the random it means that God B and C are most surely -not- random. You can't do anything with this, but I'll explain why it is important.

Situation 2, the god you ask is either the true or false god.

If God A is either true or false, and the statement of God B is random is true. They will both answer da.

True: If God B is random and da means yes. Answer: Yes. (da)
    False: If God B is random and da means yes. Answer: No.(ja) but he lies so says Yes. (da) (explanation: he lies about the lie he would make. As you are asking a question, within a question. 2x - makes a + )

True: If God B is random and da means no. Answer: No. (da)
    False: If God B is random and da means no. Answer: Yes.(ja) but he lies so says no. (da)

So if the god answer with the same as the da or ja you used in the question. It means that God C is most definatly not random. (It could still be that the god you ask is the random god so you can't be sure if God B is random at this point. All you know for sure, is that God C is not random.)

If God A is either true or false, and the statement of God B is random is false. They will both answer ja.

True: If God B is not random and da means yes. Answer: no. (ja)
    False: If God B is not random and da means yes. Answer: yes.(da) but he lies so says no. (ja)

True: If God B is not random and da means no. Answer: no. (ja)
    False: If God B is not random and da means no. Answer: Yes.(da) but he lies so says no. (ja)

So if the god answer with the the other ja or da than the one you used in the question. It means that God B is most definatly not random. (It could still be that the god you ask is the random god so you can't be sure if God C is random at this point. All you know for sure, is that God B is not random.)

So you see, it doesn't matter if you know what da or ja means. The first question allows you to seperate a God of which you are certain he isn't random. So either the true or the false god.

figsfiggyfigs

.....Cheese?

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Can you speak?(A), Can you speak?(A), Can you speak?(B)

Since there's a random element, I cannot trust the first answer I get.
    Nor do I get enough references to which word is which.

On the second question; If given the same word, I can trust it to be either yes or no; and that it's
    either the correct or false. (75%)
    If not given the same word; 100% sure it is the random and I will have 25% chance to nail the next question to any meaning.

On the third question
    If given the same word as the earlier speaker; most probably the random-speaker.
    If given a different answer; most probably one of the correct/false

I still do not know the meaning of the words but the mechanics are down.

Now:

Can you speak?(A), Is that a yes?(A), Does A speak the truth? (B)

First question to gain any kind of reference.
    Second question to make sure the answer is of the true/false/random and which word means what.
    Third question to affirm my thought.

This does not give a 100% win rate, but I'll keep it here so if anyone wishes to criticise my logic then they are free to do so.

This was mine until I cheated. Obviously not correct. My little brother solved the question in three minutes. ._.''
    Imagine the inferiority complex I could gain from that. :P And damn is he awesome. o.O

Ask them "Will you answer this question with whatever means 'no' in your cockamamie language?" The 'true' one can't answer it thus violating the rule of the puzzle that says they "will answer all questions". Congrats: you have now broken the puzzle.

ReflecTcelfeR

Ask god a: "is ja, ja?" if he says da you know that a is false if he says ja you know he is either random or true. Ask a "could you answer randomly?" if he says ja then a is now random. Knowing that a is random in this instance then ask b if a is random. If b says da you know b is false and c is true.

If a said da then you know he is true. Ask b if ja is ja. If da is said then you know that he is either random or false. Ask c if ja is ja if he says ja you know c is random. If he says da you know he is false, making making b random.

I see a huge flaw, but I am too tired to fix it.