User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

If you can do that, then if you ask A the first question:

Does Ja mean yes?

And the answer is Ja, then you ask B, is the answer to this question a lie?

And they have to say no, then you find out the word for "no" and will know that A and B must be Truth and Random.

Therefore C is False and you him/her if A is Truth. You know they will lie and you now know what Yes or No mean, so you will find out if the order is:

A) Truth
    B) Random
    C) False

or

A) Random
    B) Truth
    C) False

But I don't how you could follow if you get "Da" to the first answer. I also don't know if this method is permitted.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Oberon

Do we even know that three questions offered under the circumstances can control for all the variables?

MBTI
    INTP

Nice twist on the binary version of this puzzle.

The gods know each other's identities. Therefore one could ask not about "God B" but directly about "God False".

I'm thinking along these lines:

"Would the False God predict that your answer to the question "am I wearing clothes" would be Yes?"

The random dude is killing me, though. You can't even ask him the same question three times and expect a different answer...random could certainly flip "heads" three times running.

This crap has me playing with bottlecaps, for Pete's sake. "Okay, the Snapple lid is False God..." BAH!!! Kudos, you've destroyed my fingernails. Well done.

The key to this is going to be a reactive set of questions that change by circumstance, but it will take at least two questions to determine anything, and I STILL CAN'T GET PAST THAT DAMNABLE RANDOM GOD. Bugger.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Far too complicated for me ^^
    I have a problem though.
    Suppose you asked what they would say to you?
    Because I was thinking that if you asked whether, say, ja meant yes then the truth God would say yes and that was my sort of attempt to think about it! ^^ And if you said "will you say ja presuming ja means YES," the truth God would say Ja. But suppose ja was NO?
    Erm, but if you said something like "are you going to say yes to me?" or I suppose it should be "are you going to say ja?"
    Then if Ja DID mean yes what would the FALSE God say, supposing the God you asked was that God? If ja meant yes the false god could say yes or no - or ja or da but whatever he said he'd still be saying the truth. Because he would or wouldn't be saying yes. If that makes any sense at all.
    E.G if he said ja(yes) then he would be telling the truth about saying ja because he would have just said it.
    If he said da(no) then he would have been telling the truth about NOT saying ja.

But I suppose at the same time if you ask the TRUTH God and ja means NO, what would the truth God say?
    He could say ja=no but then he would have lied.
    He could say da=yes but then he would have lied.

Erm. Can someone sort this out for me?
    Then maybe I'll try again. Lol. As if. These puzzles confuse me!!
    Introverted: 100%
    INtuition: 95%
    Feeling: 58%
    Perceiving: 89%

5w4 sp/sx

INFP.gc

MBTI
    INFP

I find this puzzle tricky to solve with three questions even if the gods answered "yes" or "no" (or ja/da and we knew which meant what). Mr. Random gives me headaches! Anyone care to solve that one? (If we're unable to solve even that one, we'll never be able to solve the original one which has one more variable).
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    OMNi

I almost guessed the answer. But I looked it up to see if I was correct, and so I'm disqualified. But I'll tell you Carebear, that you are definitely on the right track. Good luck.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I almost guessed the answer. But I looked it up to see if I was correct, and so I'm disqualified. But I'll tell you Carebear, that you are definitely on the right track. Good luck.
    Oh, interesting! I was about to give up.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Oh, interesting! I was about to give up.
    Just don't jump the gun like I did and assume you got it right. My hint is to read the hints provided very carefully.

MBTI
    INFP

Bah... I tried and got pretty far with using the logical "if and only if" (not sure what the technical English term is, but you get the idea). However, that was when I used yes and no answers. That way I could force the truth sayer and the liar to answer predictably. Seems to me that if this puzzle is solvable we'll have to use "if and only if" and ask questions about the meaning of da/ja coupled with "does C speak the truth" or something to get enough out of three questions. I'm too tired tonight to see exactly how to phrase the questions and what the implications are, though, but they should go along the lines of "are you random if and only if da means yes" or something like that. Hm... or maybe try steering clear of random by the way. Head. Hurts.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Just don't jump the gun like I did and assume you got it right. My hint is to read the hints provided very carefully.
    Don't worry. I assume I got it wrong. What hints? That focusing on finding the answer with yes/no already known is the way?