User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
    Maverick, you Rock!
    Thank you for lending me your Te.
    I was way too close to the problem to see it clearly.

Well, I think that's generally good advice, Niffer....But eat less??? I know I need to do that, it's just the how. If I could simply do that, it would solve so many problems. I have a slow metabolism, an abnormally low caloric need, and the appetite of a viking...or a bear. Yeah, a bear emerging from its winter hibernation. It wasn't a problem when I was younger and more active.

I do appreciate the tip about iodine. Anything that quickens my metabolism will be a help. Ummm...what does seaweed taste like? I think I can get some in Chinatown.
    I know this is Maverik's answer thread, but I couldn't pass it up. Eating less is a myth (generally). What matters is caloric intake per day. The idea is to break up your meals into at least 5-6 per day (or 1-2 more). This keeps your metabolism going all day long (making it faster). Obviously, the meals will be slightly smaller than what you are used to since there are 6 of them. As far as what you should eat...I would probably recommend low fat, moderate carb, high protein. The protein keeps your muscles from deteriorating while you lose weight. Even if you are a girl (which I didn't bother to check), muscle is still important and I promise you won't come out of a diet/cut looking like Ronnie Coleman. Don't drink anything but water, and vegetables are always good.

Also, while dieting is of paramount importance, cardio helps a ton. 30 minutes or so, at least 3 times per week is good. Moderate intensity.

Best of luck.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Maverick, you Rock!
    I was way too close to the problem to see it clearly.

Well, I think that's generally good advice, Niffer....But eat less??? I know I need to do that, it's just the how. If I could simply do that, it would solve so many problems. I have a slow metabolism, an abnormally low caloric need, and the appetite of a viking...or a bear. Yeah, a bear emerging from its winter hibernation. It wasn't a problem when I was younger and more active.

I do appreciate the tip about iodine. Anything that quickens my metabolism will be a help. Ummm...what does seaweed taste like? I think I can get some in Chinatown.
    xD try and get korean seaweed - it tastes exactly like potato chips. and avoid the wasabi seaweed. it almost killed my non-asian dad.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    when you finish high school, the opportunity to congregate in such great numbers drops off like like a school bus.

plus--- that shit's fun. i used to haul ass in my varsity track days
    Thanks ctg! I ended up placing sixth (out of eight runners). I would be depressed, but since they're taken from all the high schools in the city, after all those eliminations, that's still pretty darn good I guess ...and wtf the ribbon was pink xD.

Also, my event was conveniently placed over a class in which I didn't finish my homework. hehehe..
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENTJ

Maverick, you Rock!
    Thank you. You're welcome .

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    What should I think about as motivation tomorrow for my track meet? (One event only- 400m bantam girls).
    Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Thanks ctg! I ended up placing sixth (out of eight runners). I would be depressed, but since they're taken from all the high schools in the city, after all those eliminations, that's still pretty darn good I guess ...and wtf the ribbon was pink xD.

Oops, too late for that!