User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your concrete goals in life?

Default What are your concrete goals in life?

Simple enough questions. "Being happy" is an example of an abstract (not concrete) goal. What are the things you are fighting for?

What motivates you, to move forward and makes you know you are even moving forward?

I have some hobbies that have goals connected to them. For example, cycling - I'd like to finish in the top-10 in some races. Mountain climbing - I'd like to reach the top of some mountains around. Then there's more "professional" goals - I eventually plan to take the exam to become an actuary, which would allow me to travel a bit around europe while keeping a flexible schedule / having free time & earning a sufficiently good amount of money.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

I want to reach the age of 85 and then kick somebody's ass after having 3 children and swimming thousands of miles. All at once.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Smile Lying in

I want to live my whole life in a waking trance.

At the moment I tend to be in one or the other, but every now and then I experience both at the same time, and it is perfectly delightful.

I am learning, though, that in order to survive I had to suppress the trance side of the waking trance. And naturally the trance side is a bit angry at my waking side. But when they get together, they enjoy one another so much, we will probably be able to work out our differences.

Of course the template of the waking trance is the hypnogogic state that we all experience twice a day as we fall asleep at night and as we wake in the morning.

And the waking trance is simply an elaboration of the hypnogogic state we all experience twice a day.

You might say it is the perfect marriage of being awake and being asleep, both at the same time.

A good cup of coffee.
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.

4w5 sp/sx

Eh, got a office weight loss contest that I'm sure I have lock on winning, I'll find out Friday. The pot $200. I have a table I need to finish within the month, had a setback on it this weekend. And I plan to do some international travelling within 3 years time. And there are many more...

6w7 sx
    SEE Fi

I want to live near enough to the beach to go there frequently and also to get involved in environmental preservation.

I see my future in preservation - whether environmental or historic, whether as my career or as volunteer work. It's something that would give me a sense of doing something meaningful with my life.

I would like to get married and/or have a committed life partner.

ummm...I want to learn photography and maybe take some painting classes
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

SEE-Fi /Gamma

I have no concrete goals, just go along and hope some doors open in my favour. So far so good.

I don't know i am going forward other than the laughter lines around my eyes becoming deeper. Lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

3w2 so

I dont want to loose to wonder in life. We are living in a cruel, irrational, selfish world sometimes but I never want to loose to wonder. I want to sit at a window at age 80 and wonder about the marvel that is the geometric form of a snowflake, tho I did that for the last 80 winters every year. Life wont break me, I'll just run away
    Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

9w1 sx/so

i want to buy a cool old house that i can turn the downstairs into a studio/ upstairs and have an awesome garden in the back to hold parties, shoots and just hang out and enjoy with friends...that's it really...i just want to make a living doing things that i love all day and spend the rest of the time just hanging out with family and friends and do some traveling. would've gotten a much different answer 10 years ago...i've calmed down a lot i think....
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison