User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are your concrete goals in life?

I'm doing things automatically now that are like goals. Up to this point my goals have been abstract and now turning into a more tangible form which is good. I always thought that if we train ourselves to celebrate tangible goals like I am going to do the laundry today, water the garden, take out the trash, put on my cloths etc. Goals that we are confident and know how to do and then gradually expand them that our ability to make better and more focused goals are going to become more comfortable because we are creating a healthy set of pathways for us to establish that we can affirm them by doing them maybe.

8w9 sx/sp

To be a good wife, a good mother, and a good friend.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    One sx/sp

Well, happiness is the goal, so I guess I have to answer with the concrete things I am seeking because I believe they will or can lead to happinnes.

Have a long-term committed, monogamous relationship (I guess the happy part is abstract).
    Live only with my romantic partner on my own property, in a relatively peaceful place.
    Get a PhD, and teach.

Those, realistically, are the things I'm trying to achieve. There is a long list of other things, though, that I'd like to do, which I did not list because they either seem very improbable (a lot of ambitions), or because I'm too indecisive to have committed to one seriously (a lot of hobbies).
    Go to sleep, iguana.

INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

I'm fresh out of college, so 'romantic partner' and 'financial independence' kinda dominate me just now.

The rest of this stuff is just what I'd really like in life, but not integral or really any kind of major goals.

Oh, I want to have both a cat and a dog in my life (my folks have had at least one cat and/or dog at all times since the day I was born (and at least usually one of each), but I want my own).

I want to live in a proper city for at least a year or two.

I'd like to try an open-mike night at a comedy club.

I would like to travel again. I haven't been on a plane or seen the ocean in over 4 years.

The jury is out on having kids, but I refuse to do so before age 30, much as I refuse to get married til age 28.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    Well, I was sure about that I wanted to be a good psychologist a while ago, but now that I started my classes, I'm not that sure anymore. Psychology students are strange people, just like psychologists, by the way. I don't identify with them. And I found out I'm not good at listening to others, I'm only good at listening to myself. So, errrr, yeah. I really don't know what I want anymore. Well, maybe kids when I grow older, but that's impossible, because I'm theoretically sterile and a complete social retard. Okay, awkward.
    Edit: turns out I'm probably not sterile, so make that having kids after I graduate. That's my only goal. Maybe publishing some of my writings too. I Don't have the ambition to get married or become a decent psychologist. Isn't it dumb?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Things I'd like to do:
    Have a place where I can have a garden
    Get married
    Have kids

I don't know to what extents I'd go to reach those goals. It sort of depends on meeting someone with whom I'd be excited to do that, which isn't 100% in my control.

Smaller things:
    Go to a nude beach
    See the northern lights
    Get photos taken at a photo booth

(I know aren't I ambitious???)
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

152 so/sx
    INTp Ni

Good question. My concrete goals changes daily, or even hourly. Only my abstract goals are the consistent factors in my life. I periodically review the concrete objectives to make sure it's on par with what I want to accomplish in an abstract sense. I tried being more firm about the specifics before and it has rarely worked in my favor. Nowadays I just let them fall into place. If it stays for the long-term, then awesome. If not, I'll find something better the next time.

This is probably my most concrete goal: Do something better than my last attempt, especially if it contributes to a long-term goal. ['Better' being defined by the situation.]
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar

Elected Office.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Banned Array

Right now all I can think about is being as functionally strong as possible. My first benchmark is 5k under 19:00 with a 1.5x - 2x -2x strength goal. Then go from there.

Two Words: Functional strength.