User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Apocalypse Do You Prefer?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zombie

6 46.15%
  • Robot

1 7.69%
  • Other (Explain!)

6 46.15%
12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Robot Apocalypse v Zombie Apocalypse

Logic vs Emotion. Heat vs Cold. Elvis vs The Beatles. Batman vs Superman. Miracle Whip vs Mayonnaise.

Certain questions can speak volumes about a person is within a matter of seconds.

BUT NONE MORESO THAN THIS!

(Note: This is not a question of probability, it is a question of general awesomeness/preference. Everyone knows environmental apocalypse is most likely and also one of the lamest forms of apocalypse.)

For me, the winner is clear: Zombies.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Other: Velociraptor Apocalypse.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I would like to see a Zombie-Aliens apocalypse. People would start turning into zombies, and just as that started to become a serious problem, aliens could invade our planet. The aliens would be lots more scared of the zombies than us and would start fighting them. We remaining humans could just sit outside on our front porch (or the equivalent) with a glass of wine/beer and watch them fight it out. That could be pretty entertaining.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I think at this point, Zombie Robot Alien Velociraptor hybrids would be the way to go. I think they should also be able to mimic our pets. Is there a better way for them to gain our trust before the carnage begins???

NPcomplete

If the Zombie Robot Alien Raptor hybrids have mind-reading-and-controlling powers (and could become invisible at will), the apocalypse could be accomplished sooner.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well, if it's just a matter of adding powers and abilities to whatever kills us, we might as well jump to Revelations and call it a day.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

In the future, totalitarianism will have seized all advanced nations like an iron claw. Paranoia, more enclosed human-farming, censorship, and a medicated society. This is Orwell's dystopian world fictionalized in 1984. What was left out was the next step necessary: a drug or device that destroys the free will in human beings entirely, creating completely mindless automatons void of emotion and resistance. The device destroys the brain causing the subject to die. In the process, it seizes the body and reanimates it. For a short period of time, the test subjects become the perfect tool to create a well-oiled and controlled systematic society. This device is forcefully administered upon most all of its troublesome citizens, the ones exempt from death are either already fiercely loyal or possess enough intellect to be of constructive use but not enough capability to attempt to break the system. However, in time, the tested experiment backfires. The citizens who received the reprogramming device revert to primal and aggressive survival instincts, they begin to gain an insatiable capacity for hunger. Their need for sustenance overpowers their human overseers and begins to slaughter and consume the ones who are left. The devices act as a sort of programming steroid, maxing the physical capabilities of the walking dead. These undead superzombies break out of their confines and become a severe threat to the entire city. The puppeteers order the ones who are left to leave the enclosed work compounds and living quarters and relocate to another controlled site. It is here where massive production of robotic soldiers are created based on recent prototypes is initiated. These warbots will be inserted into the former city to destroy the superzombies. This costs the controllers a painful amount of resources, their violent anger and increasing unrealistic and inhumane expectations brought down upon the surviving citizens still loyal to their long-corrupt and unethical masters. These people begin to break away from the controllers, many are killed as they try to escape. The few who manage to escape enter a desolate world ridden with warbots and superzombies. These robots, no longer under any control as the human overseers seek to form their own societies, become wanton destroyers of no order. What is worse? A superzombie...or a meticulously designed killing machine? Or are they the same thing?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Well, I'm just going to say, what if there were both robots and zombies? Both taking over mankind, wiping out most of the population? Who, out of the two, would survive.

Personally I don't think either are probable...we have nukes.

But if I had to say who would be most likely to survive, it would be zombies, and here's why.

Like I said, they both come to sweep over humanity. Robots' energy source is electricity, which could either be generated by an internal system which required (most likely, if this were happen in our modern day) fossil fuels in order to power these robots, or just plug themselves into an outlet somewhere, but most electricity comes from that. They have no need for the humans living on the planet like the zombies do, so if they saw zombies as an annoyance to their newly built robotic society, and if they were smart enough, they would most likely wipe out everyone and incinerate their brains in order to destroy the food source of the zombies, thus leading them to go crazy and/or die. I believe it is not known that the living dead can die by starvation, as the most well known way to eliminate a zombie is to blow its head off, but if they would die of lack of human brains, then the robots would succeed, but only as long as they are able to support themselves and their need for energy. If the zombies did live, however, they would most likely go insane on the robots and have an all out war. If the zombies won, then they would live happily ever after.

MBTI
    ENTP

Voted other. Zombie and robot have been done to death in fiction.
    I'd like a religious apocalypse. Kalki rises from the sea with a sword to chop off all heads of the people who dare to get out of their caste. Or the classic Revelations one - there's a dragon in it! And the stars fall from heaven not once, but lots of times. I would like to see them going back up again to be wiped from heaven for the second (third,...) time.
    Of course, I wouldn't survive one of those but at least it's spectacular.

Edit: now that I've voted, I see the robots have no votes yet... I feel bad for those robots. But I still wouldn't vote for them. Poor last emotional human in an unfeeling world... again! Why is there never a poor last Thinker in an hyper-emotionalized world... a world where facebook and twitter reign, where you've got to feel something strong at every moment and people condemn you when you are just "tired" or, worse still, "concentrating on math homework" without "hating math".
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    I would like to see a Zombie-Aliens apocalypse. People would start turning into zombies, and just as that started to become a serious problem, aliens could invade our planet. The aliens would be lots more scared of the zombies than us and would start fighting them. We remaining humans could just sit outside on our front porch (or the equivalent) with a glass of wine/beer and watch them fight it out. That could be pretty entertaining.
    Unless the aliens start lobotomising humans and using us to fight the zombies. It rapidly goes back to sucking then.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.