We love you Entropie.

Quinlan
    Sensor Spokesperson
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Haha, ja thanks . Sorry for sounding so needy, it's just at the moment in my job I am working in a very heavy sensorical environment. It's a job that involves a lot of networking with people and those people test you on a momentarily regulary basis if you have it in you or not. They are quick in their real world perception and it has become fundamentally hard for me to function in that world as a nerd.

Most of the times my colleagues are like the masters of playing practical jokes. Ya that is fun and I play them on them aswell, but it's exhausting. It's like you need to be 100% extrovert all day as an introvert. It's like their world is so fast paced that they do not have the time to dream or to worry about what could happen to point B if you do a thing with point A. I like them, I like them alot dont get me wrong, but I feel that I just do not belong and its bugging me. It's like working with huge kids sometimes, tho I am the youngest in the company. I cant talk with them about astronomy, world of warcraft or my electronical hobbies; ok these are very specialized hobbies but I am not quick enough to always know whats going on in soccer to actually seem up to date (and soccer would be a general smalltalk topic). Since I am the only guy with technical expertise, I can hide a bit under the cloak of "specialized knowledge has made me nerd", but I know if I hadnt that, I dont think I'ld ever really become friends with them.

It's often the case that there is some kind of automatic misunderstanding between sensors and intuitives leading to a distance between seem. My biggest problem in that kind is that I always wanted to be a loner, while my colleagues for example always had huge circles of friendships. I knew a lot of people aswell always but I do not care enough for my friendships, because I am not concentrated. Now I want to bring some things back, I missed in younger years, like trieing to become more sociable and more friendly but its a huge challenge and always nips the last sip of energy out of me when I come home from work.

I personally have found out that the best way for me to cope with anyone is when I am drunk. Prolly the worry function Ne and the mighty Ti with its claim for perfection are dead then and its more easier to take relief. If I can now adapt that to the state of being sober aswell, while at the same time being who I am and not to change myself and for that still be respected by my colleagues tho I am a nerd, I'ld be happy. But as they say: It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The other sensors dont seem to have the abstraction abilities to ever tell me in some way that they like me.
    Maybe you just lack the intuition to understand them.

Sensor!!!!!!!!1111
    -end of thread-

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    You're beating a dead horse.
    I'm kind of inclined to agree with this statement. She gets it. The comment was not appreciated. The only thing that is going to come out of the continuation of this thread is bickering.

Can we all hold hands and sing Kumbaya now?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I'm kind of inclined to agree with this statement. She gets it. The comment was not appreciated. The only thing that is going to come out of the continuation of this thread is bickering.

Can we all hold hands and sing Kumbaya now?
    That's kind of what I was thinking... All the bitching is out in the air now... Now let's all be friends again.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Don't you guys think it's just a tad ludicrous to be so up in arms over one (very clearly ironic) sensor joke when heinously prejudicial things are said casually about sensors every five seconds across the forum? Where the hell are you when shit like "he's innovative so he must be an intuitive because the sensors I know are too concrete and narrow in focus to be innovative" is said in perfect seriousness? Or "the difference between ISFP and INFP is that, when hugging someone, INFPs get emotional satisfaction while ISFPs just really like the physical sensation?" I call bullshit. The real reason all of you so-called intuitives are so worked up about ThatGirl's joke is because it's aimed at YOU. Well boo-fucking-hoo. Take your fake self-righteousness and sell it to some other moron.
    These are examples of things that I think are totally retarded and show that just because you claim N doesn't mean you have a firm grasp on a concept.

It's also a call to S peeps to make more of an effort to explain how their functions work, instead of relying on other's descriptions. How are they going to know how you do what you do if they don't do it themselves?

ThatGirl

I do get it.

I've always 'gotten' it. I say one thing you don't like, and get mobbed until I end up apologizing for YOUR stupidity in taking it wrong. Even after proof has been more then made and the understanding out in the open.

....On a psychology website that seeks to understand miscommunications. Due to my lack of appropriate Fe?

And, to prove your points about how something was offensive, it becomes open season to bash on me ten times stronger with fifty more people?

Not really justifying your cause for why

A) The statement made (if intended as an honest stereotype with negative connotation) ISN'T true. As a matter of fact you're sort of reinforcing it.

B) Why I should give a shit if I hurt your feelings >.<

What this thread and you people DID do, was remind me of how much I fucking hate people. Specially stupid people, groups, mobs, strength in numbers, mass hysteria.

And I was feeling SO FUCKING TOLERABLE THESE DAYS.

Bunch of god damned hypocrites who contribute to FAR more damage as a whole, than one measly sentence. Shame on YOU.

To the people who objected to my post with reasonable explanations, I respect your opinion.

To the people who are shameless hypocrites, too stupid to recognize the plank in your own eye, I seriously HATE you and everyone like you. You are a burden to humanity, and better thank the lord I am not god, or your kind would become extinct and replaced with people who can actually use their brains.

To the rest of you who jump on everyone else's band wagon. Get a life. You're too weak to even get honorable mention.

Have a great day, fucking idiots.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Don't you guys think it's just a tad ludicrous to be so up in arms over one (very clearly ironic) sensor joke when heinously prejudicial things are said casually about sensors every five seconds across the forum? Where the hell are you when shit like "he's innovative so he must be an intuitive because the sensors I know are too concrete and narrow in focus to be innovative" is said in perfect seriousness? Or "the difference between ISFP and INFP is that, when hugging someone, INFPs get emotional satisfaction while ISFPs just really like the physical sensation?" I call bullshit. The real reason all of you so-called intuitives are so worked up about ThatGirl's joke is because it's aimed at YOU. Well boo-fucking-hoo. Take your fake self-righteousness and sell it to some other moron.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I do get it.

I've always 'gotten' it. I say one thing you don't like, and get mobbed until I end up apologizing for YOUR stupidity in taking it wrong. Even after proof has been more then made and the understanding out in the open.

....On a psychology website that seeks to understand miscommunications. Due to my lack of appropriate Fe?

And, to prove your points about how something was offensive, it becomes open season to bash on me ten times stronger with fifty more people?

Not really justifying your cause for why

A) The statement made (if intended as an honest stereotype with negative connotation) wasn't true. As a matter of fact you're sort of reinforcing it.

B) Why I should give a shit if I hurt your feelings >.<

What this thread and you people DID do, was remind me of how much I fucking hate people. Specially stupid people, groups, mobs, and strength in numbers, mass hysteria.

Bunch of god damned hypocrites who contribute to FAR more damage as a whole, than one measly sentence. Shame on YOU.

To the people who objected to my post with reasonable explanations, I respect your opinion.

To the people who are shameless hypocrites, too stupid to recognize the plank in your own eye, I seriously HATE you and everyone like you. You are a burden to humanity, and better thank the lord I am not god, or your kind would become extinct and replaced with people who can actually used their brains.

To the rest of you who jump on everyone else's band wagon. Get a life. You're too weak to even get honorable mention.

Have a great day, fucking idiots.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I poke fun at all types. I don't discriminate.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Damn, what a bunch of Sensors!

I only used TG's post as an example, the real thrust of this thread was supposed to be about the overall culture and larger implications of Sensor-typing.

Some of you are so focused on the merits of TG's post it reads as a Sensor parody where one can't see the forest for the trees... or perhaps an agenda against TG.