User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I was going to answer this but I'm getting a sudden urge for a shower. No. A bath. My annual bath. I take one, whether I need it or not.
    OK introverts!!!
    It's that time of year again! Introvert Bath Time!!!
    I hope that you have your tubs hooked up in your basements!
    Aaaaah-choo! (I'm smelling me now after that whole year of rolling in mud and no baths).
    I'm not sure how I reconcile being a smelly introvert with being a sensor with a keen sense of smell.
    If I can't be part of the Master Type, can I be part of the Monster Type (which is infinitely more fun)???

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    There is no way an introvert is part of the Master Type. Everyone knows that introverts are all socially awkward lonely basement-dwellers who have poor hygiene. It's a fact.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I hate seinfield, must mean I don't have common sense.
    damn... I am no Seinfield fan either... what's THAT mean?

I generally think that people are displaying their ignorance when they diss an entire group of people, whatever group that is (racial, sex, personality... whatever). I actually HAVE put effort into educating people about sensing functions and their similarities and differences between them and intuitive functions... half the time members here make such ignorant comments that I wonder whether it's worth it :rolli:

I have no problem with iNtuitives... getting along with them, being understood by them and such in real life... I doubt that any iNtuitive here would really object to me in real life... I'm quite pleasant, a good listener and easy to talk to... it's really kind of confusing

but dumbass comments are always a good excuse to yell at people
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    So I'm a wimp now? This day just get's worse!
    Just on Mondays and Thursdays. Every other day is a super day!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I'm probably one of the least sensitive people on thie planet.
    BUT - I do not like it when people make ignorant, rude, and unfounded statements about anything, whether they are directed at me or not.
    I also do not like it when people get verbally belligernet after consuming alcohol.

It wasn't a joke.
    It was a filthy rant with no relevance to the phenomena of people griping about the new site layout.
    Poor choice of words, poor delivery, overall bad form. Two thumbs down.

Again, it wasn't a joke, IMHO.
    I love jokes.
    At an early age I learned that if people can't laugh at themselves, that they are overly self important.
    But, that doesn't mean that it is necessary to sit and listen to people spewing ignorant shit at you or anyone else.
    The two concepts have nothing to do with one and other.

I don't like ignorant stereotypes of any variety.
    Considering a majority of the human population are Sensors, and there are so many on this site that claim to be intuitives, I can't help but think quite a few folks are wrong.
    Why do people make derogatory comments about others? Often times it is to cover up their own feelings of inadequacy.
    So, when people here make ignorant references specific to intuitives being superior to sensors, I simply take it as a free notification as to their ignorance.

I'd like to see how that would play out in real life.
    Excessive cyber confidence is rarely in concert with reality.
    It's easy to be rude and make derogatory comments over the anonymous cloud that is the Internet.
    But not nearly as easy to make such statements in the real world without getting a knuckle sandwich delivered to the jaw bone.

It is not unique to this forum, the same ignorance exists on other type specific fora.
    I've verbally adminished a few intuitves who tried to sling Sensor hate at me.
    It was quite funny to witness someone go from having a superiority complex to being speechless in a matter of minutes.
    I don't like reading people the riot act, but I'm awfully good at it, so I fill that need of the universe when it is made known to me.
    This^^^^^^^^ +1000

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Inspired by the OP in this thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ort-group.html

Several people objected to the "joke" about sensors.

Does this kind of joke bother you? Do insults about sensors bother you?

Sensors have, at times, been treated as second-class citizens by the members of this (and sister) forums in relation to MBTI. Do you think this attitude is unique to this forum? Or will it crop up whenever you get groups of iNtuitives?

If you are an iNtuitive, you may also share your opinion on this subject. Probably best to identify which camp you belong in until the types on profiles get fixed.
    The only reason why I wasn't offended is because I know TG, I'm very familiar with her style, and she says far more offensive personal things than that on a regular basis. To me it would like being offended that a drill sargeant started yelling or that the town drunk started yet another bar fight. I guess people who don't encounter her on an almost daily basis could take it a lot more seriously.

I think sensor jokes bother me because so many of my boyfriends have been sensors and some of my friends are sensors. Good lord, I might even be a sensor, but am afraid to even seriously consider it because of the stigma attached.

It's a little ridiculous.

ThatGirl

This has to be some kind of a counter joke...har har

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I read it as more of a skewering of sensor stereotypes than sensors themselves.
    This ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Right...

I wasn't offended by the post referenced, given the context/tone/poster. I also thought it was an equal jab at the high-and-mightiness N's can be prone to on any N-dominating forum. But then life is too short for me to get up in arms about most of this stuff, too. I tend to gloss over most isolated comments like that. I don't think I'm that easily offended. *shrug*
    This^^

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I'm probably one of the least sensitive people on thie planet.
    BUT - I do not like it when people make ignorant, rude, and unfounded statements about anything, whether they are directed at me or not.
    I also do not like it when people get verbally belligernet after consuming alcohol.

It wasn't a joke.
    It was a filthy rant with no relevance to the phenomena of people griping about the new site layout.
    Poor choice of words, poor delivery, overall bad form. Two thumbs down.

Again, it wasn't a joke, IMHO.
    I love jokes.
    At an early age I learned that if people can't laugh at themselves, that they are overly self important.
    But, that doesn't mean that it is necessary to sit and listen to people spewing ignorant shit at you or anyone else.
    The two concepts have nothing to do with one and other.

I don't like ignorant stereotypes of any variety.
    Considering a majority of the human population are Sensors, and there are so many on this site that claim to be intuitives, I can't help but think quite a few folks are wrong.
    Why do people make derogatory comments about others? Often times it is to cover up their own feelings of inadequacy.
    So, when people here make ignorant references specific to intuitives being superior to sensors, I simply take it as a free notification as to their ignorance.

I'd like to see how that would play out in real life.
    Excessive cyber confidence is rarely in concert with reality.
    It's easy to be rude and make derogatory comments over the anonymous cloud that is the Internet.
    But not nearly as easy to make such statements in the real world without getting a knuckle sandwich delivered to the jaw bone.

It is not unique to this forum, the same ignorance exists on other type specific fora.
    I've verbally adminished a few intuitves who tried to sling Sensor hate at me.
    It was quite funny to witness someone go from having a superiority complex to being speechless in a matter of minutes.
    I don't like reading people the riot act, but I'm awfully good at it, so I fill that need of the universe when it is made known to me.
    Halla, I am hoping this too is a joke (although unfortunately this is not the first time you have posted the same shit), because this post is full of so many contradictions in your words vs content. I could edit the thing around so easily to showcase how you're doing the same thing you are chastising me for. Broad assumptions and generalizations with negative connotations, seriously?

I'd suggest you drop the self righteous bit, because from where I am standing son, you totally win 'bigger asshole'.

Kudos.

Anyway normally I would play along, but I am not in the mood.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Style is subjective.
    So is humor.. so why the inconsistency then?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    The only reason why I wasn't offended is because I know TG, I'm very familiar with her style, and she says far more offensive personal things than that on a regular basis. To me it would like being offended that a drill sargeant started yelling or that the town drunk started yet another bar fight. I guess people who don't encounter her on an almost daily basis could take it a lot more seriously.

I think sensor jokes bother me because so many of my boyfriends have been sensors and some of my friends are sensors. Good lord, I might even be a sensor, but am afraid to even seriously consider it because of the stigma attached.

It's a little ridiculous.
    Come to the dark side! We don't have cookies but we're kind of adorable in a screwed up way.
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Come to the dark side! We don't have cookies but we're kind of adorable in a screwed up way.
    I think I will, for solidarity if not accuracy.

Besides, I love the idea of being on the dark side.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think I will, for solidarity if not accuracy.

Besides, I love the idea of being on the dark side.
    SCORE!! I think I should get extra points for recruiting.