User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    There is no way an introvert is part of the Master Type. Everyone knows that introverts are all socially awkward lonely basement-dwellers who have poor hygiene. It's a fact.
    yes. And also, all INTPs are virgins. Getting sex regularly is a prerequisite for being the master type.

MBTI
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Style is subjective.
    absolutely. and a skilled humourist considers their audience.

MBTI
    INTJ

I can take the jokes. That's fine.

I'm more annoyed at the simplistic way sensing is perceived around here as opposed to intuition, as if one way is inferior to the other. I know enough intuitive people IRL and they miss the mark, sometimes horribly, so I'm grounded enough to know that most of the talk on here is just that, and that most people don't have cruel intentions behind what they say. Sometimes it's just ignorance, and that's excuseable. It gets to a point that every now and then I'll say something out of frustration because many people here are way off mark.

Also, sensors are less likely to discuss theory in detail, you won't see us disecting our processes, and therefore readers have to rely what's presented here by outsiders looking in.

I will wager that at least 20% of the professed intuits around here are not.
    Last edited by IZthe411; 10-15-2010 at 03:15 PM.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    absolutely. and a skilled humourist considers their audience.
    A skilled humorist is an attention whore. Someone who just happens to be funny doesn't need to cater to people.

I dislike this idea that if something is insulting to some but funny it's ok to say....but if someone for whatever reason doesn't master humor (or other people think he doesn't because it's deadpan or whatever) and says something insulting to some, and fails to make it sound funny....it's suddenly a crime.

MBTI
    ----

A skilled humorist is an attention whore. Someone who just happens to be funny doesn't need to cater to people.

I dislike this idea that if something is insulting to some but funny it's ok to say....but if someone for whatever reason doesn't master humor (or other people think he doesn't because it's deadpan or whatever) and says something insulting to some, and fails to make it sound funny....it's suddenly a crime.
    it's not a crime it's just less likely to get laughs.

MBTI
    INTJ

I love this Irony. If Family Guy or even the Cleveland Show were not ridiculously funny, they wouldn't exist.

I don't think anybody would say that her statment was LOL funny.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    it's not a crime it's just less likely to get laughs.
    Yeah, but being funny is far too glamorized imo. It's also a pardon for all your sins and the insults you spew.

Now, I'm personally not against insults entirely (and I'm one to make fun of others too sometimes). Just against incoherence. And against people reading minds and intent. I know what it is to make a joke and people not get it and then going on to attacking me for it. But this is irrespective of TG anyway. I don't even know what happened exactly.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I love this Irony. If Family Guy or even the Cleveland Show were not ridiculously funny, they wouldn't exist.

I don't think anybody would say that her statment was LOL funny.
    I don't find either of those shows ridiculously funny at all. Don't make the mistake of wanting to stray into "common sense" territory with humor. Besides, I'm not defending her.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I read it as more of a skewering of sensor stereotypes than sensors themselves.
    Agreed. It's funny how many people took it as a literal insult towards sensors...would you guys also think Onion news was real?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ

Seinfeld- common sense humor. And people love it.

Family Guy- Silly Ne humor. Not for everyone. South Park's another example.

I'm not defending her either. I'm just saying what came to mind as I read your post.