User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 157

  1. #21
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    I think it's funny you mention cyber confidence Halla, because I certainly don't get what's so offensive about someone insulting sensors based on, like you say, ignorant comments. Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about. And this comes from a guy whose type in real life is the opposite of stereotypical (i)ST(j) man. I don't get why people get offended.

    It's like someone telling me "lolz look at the dumb F". I know my intellectual worth, so it doesn't affect me. I even find it funny.


    And the readiness to mention knuckle sandwhichs is something a lot of Ns might not like about lots of Ss, if you want to talk about stereotypes.

  2. #22
    Reptilian Snuggletron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    10
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    We just need more E/I and P/J stereotypes, so we can formulate the rest of the master type (so far S and F are out).

  3. #23
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    We just need more E/I and P/J stereotypes, so we can formulate the rest of the master type (so far S and F are out).
    You already know the master type is INTP. Es are stupid, Ss are stupid, Fs are stupid...and Js are stupid because they don't yet know they can be lazy, and also have a need to extrovert their judgement [which is stupid].

  4. #24
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    ban her.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    ban her.
    Sensors gonna sense (with their pitchforks)

  6. #26
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    You already know the master type is INTP. Es are stupid, Ss are stupid, Fs are stupid...and Js are stupid because they don't yet know they can be lazy, and also have a need to extrovert their judgement [which is stupid].
    There is no way an introvert is part of the Master Type. Everyone knows that introverts are all socially awkward lonely basement-dwellers who have poor hygiene. It's a fact.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

  7. #27
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    There is no way an introvert is part of the Master Type. Everyone knows that introverts are all socially awkward lonely basement-dwellers who have poor hygiene. It's a fact.
    Fact though it might be, it's also a fact that Es are loud and speak before they think.

  8. #28
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Sensors gonna sense (with their pitchforks)
    LOL

  9. #29
    shadow boxer strawberries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ----
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

    I'd like to see how that would play out in real life.
    Excessive cyber confidence is rarely in concert with reality.
    It's easy to be rude and make derogatory comments over the anonymous cloud that is the Internet.
    But not nearly as easy to make such statements in the real world without getting a knuckle sandwich delivered to the jaw bone.
    absolutely - in person you gotta have bank to spend. on the internet all sorts of bankrupt weenies write cheques they can't honour.

    it's about style and nuance as well. i found the joke in question blunt and cheap - that sort of humour doesn't move me much. i'm an N and i like laughing at myself - if a joke is fresh and sassy i will get on it. when humour is delivered with some wit/grace/playfulness/originality it's more compelling. we laugh with it rather than recoil at it.

    ps come here sensors: you're gorgeous [makes tickle hands]

  10. #30
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    it's about style and nuance as well. i found the joke in question blunt and cheap - that sort of humour doesn't move me much. i'm an N and i like laughing at myself - if a joke is fresh and sassy i will get on it. when humour is delivered with some wit/grace/playfulness/originality it's more compelling. we laugh with it rather than recoil at it.
    Style is subjective.

Similar Threads

  1. how motivated are you to clean?
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-10-2017, 07:26 AM
  2. How important are networks to you?
    By Rail Tracer in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-18-2013, 08:28 PM
  3. how picky are you when it comes to alcohol?
    By prplchknz in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 05:55 PM
  4. [NF] Do you ever just 'know' how things are going to pan out?
    By Lissa in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
  5. How much are you going to make this week?
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 08:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO