User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    yupp

dude, I know I'm not an E and I love going to parties. It's just the difference is I want to leave earlier in the night than my friends. I thourougly enjoy parties for the first 2 hours, than after that it's like ok, I wanna go home now.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

Yeah, I like going to parties too, but not so much for the partying. I just enjoy watching people get drunk as hell and go do crazy or stupid stuff. Fun fun time.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

9w8 so/sx/sp

--Deviantart--

ThatGirl

Default Okay everyone breathe slowley

[YOUTUBE="V1bFr2SWP1I"]Now click here![/YOUTUBE]

Take a min, and think of the happiest place in your life, breath a little, and smile.....

We are going to take this very slowly, so no need to be afraid little friend. Just relax and enjoy

Listen to the music, feel it...

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Inspired by the OP in this thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ort-group.html

Several people objected to the "joke" about sensors.

Does this kind of joke bother you? Do insults about sensors bother you?

Sensors have, at times, been treated as second-class citizens by the members of this (and sister) forums in relation to MBTI. Do you think this attitude is unique to this forum? Or will it crop up whenever you get groups of iNtuitives?

If you are an iNtuitive, you may also share your opinion on this subject. Probably best to identify which camp you belong in until the types on profiles get fixed.
    I am not bothered by jokes relating to most things, mostly because I don't adhere or personally believe in what they represent.

I tend to find humor in absurdity. Perhaps that is a fault, but I think that attitude has actually been a beneficial skill to posses in my life.

*Just stop and think about that for a second and let the music keep playing (if it has stopped just click the play button again and continue)*

Jokes about sensors exist as much as N jokes and jokes in general, I don't or have not noticed any sensor bias so much that it should result in tip toeing around anything. Like, its not like they get stoned any more than any other type at any other given time.

It may be that because they are a minority on the forum, sensor hate gets concentrated to a few individuals, and you know what, thats wrong.

*Stop and listen*

I didn't find that post to be overly directed at sensors, as a matter of fact like someone said, it was directed to the high and mighty N. But thats my opinion.

Sensors make up a pretty good majority of the population. As I see it they have the upper hand in more situations, because they have a familiarity with how the situations are happening, how the people are thinking and where they are coming from or expecting. They are more likely to connect with people and things around them in ways that an intuitive, may never or will more rarely experience.

Intuitives (myself) seem to live in world of uncommonly held systems and understandings. Because of this, from what I have gathered it is not really whether you are wrong or right most of the time, it is how effective you can be. Something that comes a little easier among a range of commonly held perspectives and input streams.

Anyone who has read any of my posts knows that I absolutely admire the mature and well grounded ESTP. I have even tried to increase my sensory abilities before, posting threads about my admiration for sensors.

But this comes out of a respect in the way I view their abilities. I consider them different but with no priority of who is better. I assume this gives me the right to treat them as I would anyone else. Not having to pussy foot, cracking jokes, and having intellectual conversations.

Accepting what they present more than what they are.

So, no, I don't have any particular sensitivity to sensor type comments. Or any sensitivity based humor.

What you will most often (I think once my whole time on the forum) will see me drawing a line, is attacking people personally or directly about things they have no conscious ability to change about themselves. Meaning who people REALLY are as a person. I am more likely to criticize attitudes, poke fun at sensibilities so I don't have to deal with them popping up later, or make outrageous comments I don't believe anyone could possibly take as serious.

I could link specific posts and threads which demonstrate every point I have presented in this.

To me sensors are people, I don't criticize them for that, but concepts are free reign, because they AREN'T absolute.

MBTI
    INTJ

See, I'm the type of I that will really not look forward to going to a party (Inferior Ne) but get there and end up having a ball, socializing and dancing and stuff, and be one of the last to leave. The next morning I'll wake up and give anybody that wants to talk to me the death stare.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

"You are a fucking retard with no brain or taste!"

"..."

"Oh come on, it's a joke! Get a sense of humor, geez"

"..."

9w8 so/sx/sp

--Deviantart--

ThatGirl

This isn't my issue anymore.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

@ That Girl

You put your foot in your mouth so to speak.. You spoke without thinking and said something really stupid during an over zealous rant about nothing. You made a blanket statement to all the members of this forum. Some of them took offense. WHY?? because no matter how many times you try to spin it or find some apt euphemism, you were being offensive and that was your intention. You were not joking.

And here you are 2 days later still backpedaling and blaming people for reacting to your fumble instead of taking accountability for it and saying sorry.
    You know how to cause a sensation, I'll give you that

ThatGirl

Again that is not my issue.

MBTI
    yupp

you started the thread, it is your issue.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Again that is not my issue.
    As expected.

9w8 so/sx/sp

--Deviantart--