Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    In my view to be a sensor is preferred: they seem to have be more grounded and capable of dealing with whatever the world throws at them. Really, any intuitives who might have a typist bias like this might be being sore losers. They should learn the value of people around them more, nothing would work without the mighty and cheerful sensor army. I also blame poor testing placing sensors in the intuitive box incorrectly due to the intuitive label seeming 'sexier' to many people before they understand the implications.
    I agree with this for the most part, except I don't think Ns are "losers" and I think calling sensors "the mighty and cheerful sensor army" detracts from the fact that sensors can be mean, depressed, or rebellious, and categorizing sensors thusly is like saying all black people can dance.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Inspired by the OP in this thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ort-group.html

Several people objected to the "joke" about sensors.

Does this kind of joke bother you? Do insults about sensors bother you?

Sensors have, at times, been treated as second-class citizens by the members of this (and sister) forums in relation to MBTI. Do you think this attitude is unique to this forum? Or will it crop up whenever you get groups of iNtuitives?
    Firstly, the fact that TG made the statement puts me in more of a position to scoff and dismiss her inane attitude. TG has hardly ever complimented this forum's atmosphere with anything but turbulent High School drama.

The comment didn't come from the mouth of a person who cares to examine the truth, so why should anyone be bothered to engage with her?

This is a matter of identity politics. Any human being should be able to tell the difference between actual subjugation and insult. If you don't, you're letting TG and others who enjoy manipulation to control YOU with offhand and obviously ignorant comments. That's really what this is about.

If you are an iNtuitive, you may also share your opinion on this subject.
    Why are you trying to make rules for people of certain type?

C'mon PEOPLE, get some self-respect!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Where's my thread split?

A window to the soul

In my view to be a sensor is preferred: they seem to have be more grounded and capable of dealing with whatever the world throws at them. Really, any intuitives who might have a typist bias like this might be being sore losers. They should learn the value of people around them more, nothing would work without the mighty and cheerful sensor army.
    Well said!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Firstly, the fact that TG made the statement puts me in more of a position to scoff and dismiss her inane attitude. TG has hardly ever complimented this forum's atmosphere with anything but turbulent High School drama.

The comment didn't come from the mouth of a person who cares to examine the truth, so why should anyone be bothered to engage with her?

This is a matter of identity politics. Any human being should be able to tell the difference between actual subjugation and insult. If you don't, you're letting TG and others who enjoy manipulation to control YOU with offhand and obviously ignorant comments. That's really what this is about.

Why are you trying to make rules for people of certain type?

C'mon PEOPLE, get some self-respect!
    Yes! We must resist TG's incessant attempts to control our minds! Power!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ

In my view to be a sensor is preferred: they seem to have be more grounded and capable of dealing with whatever the world throws at them. Really, any intuitives who might have a typist bias like this might be being sore losers. They should learn the value of people around them more, nothing would work without the mighty and cheerful sensor army. I also blame poor testing placing sensors in the intuitive box incorrectly due to the intuitive label seeming 'sexier' to many people before they understand the implications.
    Most are sore losers, but some have been scarred for their being 'different'.

I think some people use it as an escape mechinism as well. Blame it on the N.

A window to the soul

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes! We must resist TG's incessant attempts to control our minds! Power!
    Power!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Most are sore losers, but some have been scarred for their being 'different'.

I think some people use it as an escape mechinism as well. Blame it on the N.
    No, I'd sooner blame it on their own idiocy and ignorance.

In all seriousness, though, it's downright idiotic to get all huffy and puffy about sensor-bashing jokes (which I still maintain TG's wasn't...is everyone here an idiot or what?), even if they are a reflection of an actual belief, when there is real prejudice rearing it's ugly head all over the forum in more subtle but insidious ways. It's like being that person who balks when someone like Eminem uses the N-word but doesn't bat an eyelid saying patently misinformed and racist shit like "black people are naturally more aggressive."

Look at this for a fairly recent example. I didn't see anyone getting their panties in a twist over this, and yet it's a thousand times more egregious than any stupid joke. For those of you who don't want to click the link, here are the highlights:

"In my experience of ISFPs, there is no way they could put that much thought and research into such an incredibly complex world."

"They're very creative but not to cautious about it. They do not like organising things and doing additional research into complex topics such as symbolism and allegory at the same time as focusing on the work."

And there are a hundred more where that came from. So in response to the OP, no, I don't give a shit about sensor jokes. I do care, however, about prejudices disguised as factual information going unchecked all the time. It's disheartening.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

Her comment about sensors just shows me that most of her others posts are probably as worth reading as the inside of an empty toolbox.

Haters gonna hate.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

9w8 so/sx/sp

--Deviantart--

MBTI
    INTJ

No, I'd sooner blame it on the idiocy and ignorance.
    Most of the crap on this board is.

I also blame it on MBTI being used at a level below upper-class college students. I can imagine some kid taking the test, trying to come out XnXX because it's known they are they make up the majority of the AP classes.

I remember wanting to be an E because they liked to go to parties.