User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

As a teenager .. I can only say my poor mother, lol.

I was loud and a class clown in some subjects at school but in others i was quiet and a nerd. I enjoyed my art classes where i was free to be creative. I never gave a shit about being with the 'in' crowd and i didn't wear all the latest fashion labels. I was a rebel. I was protective of my friends and probably more masculine back than than now. I was really surprised at 14 when i completed my SATS (mock exams) and came 4th (out of 200+ kids) in English as i never paid attention in that class (Teacher had bad body odour issues). I always lived in the moment and didn't worry about the future. I had a lot of laughs.

I learned a lot during my teenage years, both good and bad, for which i am grateful for.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

I was Dawn Weiner from Welcome to the Dollhouse, except with male genitalia. My best friends were the autistic kid who had chronic B.O. and the Indian kid with an inflated sense of self-worth who liked to spy on his neighbor while she'd lounge around her pool in a bathing suit.

I've changed since.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JwJtq40-Wk"]Dawn Weiner[/YOUTUBE]

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Not very likeable! And I knew it, unfortunately.

-verrrrry shy/awkward/insecure, with both a lack of social skills and ignorance of normal polite behaviours

-very self-conscious about my clothes and appearance, which were both much worse than the norm (I know everyone says that, but looking back it's still true) - I was an awkward-looking teen with not enough money to buy new clothes so I was stuck with second-hand and donated clothes, with the very few walmart-level clothes I could afford to buy myself.

-tried to hide it by being "unique" which meant being morbid and very sarcastic and anti-social

-desperately wanted to fit in and be included but knew it wouldn't happen so gave up quickly and went on the offensive instead

-had a social circle of about a dozen girls and a fair number of acquaintances, but was never close to anyone and never felt included or wanted, just tolerated. to be fair I pushed people away (see previous point). I don't really see any of them anymore although we mostly stayed in our hometown. Lack of interest on both parts, although they're all nice people (but still a little clique-y, I find).

-was really big into art. thought about it as a career but was too practical. I was very talented technically but not all that creative, anyway. enjoyed it though.

-terrible study habits, just like now, resulting in decent but not exceptional grades, just like now (usually mid-80s to low 90s)

- no sports or any physical activity, really. the combination of my lack of talent and knowing my parents could never buy sports equipment kept me away from sports - i did track and field very briefly though (short distances).

-did not date. I wasn't cool enough or more importantly, pretty enough in my high school. though I did have a psychotic long-distance bf for a while (a year or so, technically) who i met online but we only saw each other in person a few times and it didn't seem serious to me. and he was hideous physically and personality-wise.

-not sure what I DID do in spare time, but mostly video games I suspect. Some I played obsessively for a while, and hung out in the chat rooms of some, again obsessively. remember when IRC was really big? maybe it still is, I dunno.

-particularly depressive and emotional in my last 2 years of HS, 16-18, after a family "drama" turned my life utterly upside-down (picture "allegations" of child abuse coupled with a really nasty divorce and you have a start, but there was a lot more to it) and I got even MORE awkward and withdrawn since I knew I was behaving like a brat but couldn't stop. regularly cutting while hating myself for it.

Starting university, and the opportunities it brought (new start with people who didn't know my awkward teenage self, first decent bf, moving out a few years later) changed [saved] my life. I never would have imagined at the time that life could get so much better.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

In my early teenage years, I was hated by many. I was extremely angry, awkward, and made a point of making everyone around me look like the stupid fucks I thought they were. I was overly paranoid about the motives behind people, assuming they had no reason to talk to me other than to make fun of me or embarrass me. It was a horrible couple years for me.

Somewhere around 14, I began to adapt the "whogiveaflyingfuck" attitude, and never looked back. People became polarized on what to think of me -- you either loved me or hated me. I joined sports in high school which allowed me to take my aggression out and I became a bit more mellow as a result. I was still extremely uptight, tense, and neurotic about particular things -- but I would over play my eccentricities in a humorous way. I was very control/power hungry, and would step on anyone if they got in my way of something I wanted within sports or clubs.

My anger turned into depression around 17 and I became a mellow delight to be around.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Kinda boring actually. In many ways I wasn't the stereotypical teenager. I was mostly well behaved, not particularly rebellious, didn't have much of any teen angst, wasn't particularly moody, and didn't have an identity crisis.

I was nerdy. I read and daydreamed alot. I played video games and did puzzles. I graduated in the top 10 percent of my class. Academics was one of the few things I was good at and was a large source of my self-esteem. My extracurricular activities were all academic nerdy type things like Spanish club and quiz bowl. I wasn't good enough to do sports, music, or school plays and not popular enough to even consider running for student government.

I never went to the prom or school dances but didn't much care. I never dated anyone. I didn't start that until college. I didn't care at all about dating, clothes, or makeup at the time, unlike most teenage girls. I felt smug about that, as if I was above all that superficiality.

I had very few friends and honestly wasn't concerned about popularity. My high school was very cliquey and I didn't care to hang out with most of my classmates anyway. I would have preferred to eat lunch alone most of the time and just read but I didn't want to constantly be stared upon and humiliated for doing that. So I ate lunch with the sorts of people who weren't into popularity and kinda nerdy or dorky like myself. But I never became good friends with any of them.

In my senior year of high school I worked a part-time job in fast food industry. I hated it and didn't fit in at all to the work culture but I did make some money which is good.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Kinda quiet, but I loved a good time, and I generally got along with everybody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I was self conscious, skinny, with acne part of the time and was shy. I always liked some girl or other but didn't do anything about it. I did really well in school though. I was on the tennis team and the chess team.

Things got way better in college.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

A depressed pseudo-gothic Satanist with self-destructive tendencies and a liking to fine art.

Good times.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I was self conscious, skinny, with acne part of the time and was shy. I always liked some girl or other but didn't do anything about it.
    were we the same person??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

OMG, I was the biggest flirt ever! I was never single longer than a week in high school. I always had a new boyfriend a week after breaking up with one it seems like. The only dance I ever missed was my first formal because my boyfriend was grounded. But I was one of the only freshmen to go to junior prom, and then my sophomore year I went to senior prom, and then went to both of my proms.

I pretty much only wore t-shirts, jeans, and athletic shoes. I wasn't into makeup at all (still not for the most part). The only day I put on a little makeup and actually wore my hair down was for picture day. Think Laney Boggs in She's All That, minus the glasses and paint stains... I always wore my hair up in a ponytail, and on occasion I wore glasses, but I didn't need them all the time.

I was in marching band, softball, German club, DECA (marketing club), and pep band. I was pretty active in extra-curricular activities. I never studied, and it pissed my best friend off because she busted her ass to get straight A's. I barely cracked open the books and most of the time I scored the same as she did. She lost it the one day I scored higher than her on a history test.

I was a smart ass too. And always cracking jokes. I don't think I ever took anything seriously in high school.