User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

[YOUTUBE="P6yRMrwA5Hk"]You'll have time[/YOUTUBE]
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

On the other hand, if I didn't that'd be a first
    not a bet you can lose, 'cause if you do you wouldn't be around to pay up anyway.

I bet you a trillion in bills of 5. being immortal and building a space elevator made of money would be sort of awesome
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Well, [luckily?] I do not have friends, so I would spend as much of the day with as many of my immediate family members as I could wrangle up. I would not tell them I was going to die; I'd just make sure that that day, they knew how much and how, individually and specifically, I appreciated them. I would attempt to deliver these messages in such a way as not to sound like I was being strange, inauthentic, nor in a manner that could be construed as a goodbye--I'd not want to spend my last hours depressed, as a source of sadness, nor would I want that to be the last my family remembered of me. After our dinner, (meat loaf 'n' garlic taters?) I'd sit at the beach, reflect on my life, and watch the sun evanesce over the horizon for the final time as the tide rolled me out. It sounds cheesy and probably boring, but if there is any truth to the idea that all our fears can somehow be reduced, at least metaphorically, to death, this makes it most appropriate. For drowning being the last way I'd want to die, and with the knowledge that I will go peacefully surrounded by water, it's as if I'm being ferried out floating atop the "conquered" Ultimate Fear and in this way, making consummate amends with every one [fear, anxiety, complex] I'd ever held in one fell swoop...doing so fluidly, tranquilly, in sublime darkness--quite like a womb...reflecting on my life and dying in an environment analogous to birth. It is also mimicking the manner in which I'd ideally have liked to live out the rest of my life--that is--fluidly moving from pursuit to pursuit, free of fear, tear, or snag. I'd live my whole life in those moments and die in birth of it.
    Last edited by Tabula; 10-08-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: clean up the puke.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENxJ

I wouldn't tell anyone - what would be the point of torturing them with that kind of thought?
    I'd probably go to the park and watch people pass by. Think about what's ahead of them, how simple life is; I think then I'd be able to say goodbye.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

In the typical INFP style that I have for some reason, despite being T, I would gather my friends and have a talk about ourselves and our lives and maybe a bit of philosophy. Part way through I might tell them I was going to die, that is if there's a beleivable reason. Either way, I would make sure my sentiments were known to them, and tell them how I feel about them, though nicely. Don't want to know that I died with some sort of grudge. Well I'd probably mention it but say I'm at peace with that. Yeah, and then I'd just go sit by myself somewhere, or with someone else if they want to be there, perhaps on the top of the hill that overlooks my neighbourhood, and wait to die, listening to some calming music, perhaps "Mr. Tambourine Man". And hopefully it would be raining lightly, but you take what you can get. On my bed at home I would leave some sort of will or testament explaining what I want done with my stuff and instructions to inform a couple of internet communities I am involved in.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

24 hrs is a scarily short time.

Hmm. I suppose I'd tell myself I shouldn't sleep because I'd have forever to sleep so ... I'd ... leave everything, go to a beach, get a massage, be by myself, live in the moment ... not much I can do in a day. Good byes are very traumatic for me. I avoid them.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Oh, yeah. It is 24 hours. That means I'd have more time so long as I didn't sleep at all. Well, I dunno, then. I might also go for a long walk, maybe catch a movie, and I'd make my will a video will. And spend at least 2 hours with family.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'd probably spend the entire day on the phone in my room. I have a definite list of people that I want to talk to before biting it. I'd leave the door unlocked too so it won't be to much trouble to find my body.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I dunno, but the last hour will be spent thusly:

1) Steal tank from army depot
    2) Perform real-life recreation of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Hey, I was just wondering, because I realised I asked the same question in the 'ask anything' thread, was that why you made the thread Saslou? Or just coincidence. If so, it's a bit of a funny one.
    JiNe