User Tag List

First 345

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

What extroversion means to me....

.....pure, awesome, planet gobbling power. Preferably planets with introverts living on them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I don't think those are signs of extroversion.
    Okay I've been giving this some thought, and apparently ENxPs can extrovert differently than ENxJs and ESxx...our extroversion can be focused on taking in information or external stimuli that has nothing to do with people because we are iNtuition dominant. And I definitely do that. I definitely need stimuli or I start to feel dead inside. I go through periods of wanting to "hide" (what Jenocide referred to as the hermitic behavior that ENTP and INTP share) but as an ENFP, I know that if I spend too many days on end just reading or withdrawing I become extremely restless. Since I was a teenager I've consistently showed a pattern of stillness/chaos. I also think I crave external validation and attention in an ENFP way.

I took a VERY LONG test the other day and got ENTP as actualized type (I am not), and ENFP as preferred type. At any rate, what it makes clear to me is a strong leaning toward Ne dominance.

I can't even explain what Ni is. I am not Fe. I'm not passive enough to be IxxP. I am an ENFP, even if I have lower extroversion.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I agree with that. I don't feel the need to expend my energy by experiencing (Se) or by connecting (Fe) or by organizing (Te).

Extroverts are simply socially acceptable. And being acceptable, they become addicted to acceptance.

While introverts are still being born. We are reaching for the light. And the more we reach the stronger we get. And it is just out of our reach, so the more we reach, the further we go. And the more we reach, the more we understand ourselves and others.

Of course some of us break, and we are the broken ones, the broken introverts. But we are balanced by those of us who give birth to ourselves in delight who can then breathe freely, free of social acceptance, while our extrovert sisters and brothers tailor their every breath to social acceptance.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Extroverts are simply socially acceptable. And being acceptable, they become addicted to acceptance.

While introverts are still being born. We are reaching for the light. And the more we reach the stronger we get. And it is just out of our reach, so the more we reach, the further we go. And the more we reach, the more we understand ourselves and others.

Of course some of us break, and we are the broken ones, the broken introverts. But we are balanced by those of us who give birth to ourselves in delight who can then breathe freely, free of social acceptance, while our extrovert sisters and brothers tailor their every breath to social acceptance.
    That's a lovely thought... introverts as pariahs. However introverts are just as much a part of society as extroverts. So who makes us accepted socially, then? And why?

And if extroverts are addicted to acceptance, does that mean introverts are addicted to rejection? That would explain so much, my dear Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    That's a lovely thought... introverts as pariahs. However introverts are just as much a part of society as extroverts. So who makes us accepted socially, then? And why?

And if extroverts are addicted to acceptance, does that mean introverts are addicted to rejection? That would explain so much, my dear Victor.
    That's very funny, my dear Jenocyde.

Introverts take time to mature. And there are traps along the way, such as trying to imitate extroverts. I mean just look at me - how much I admire the extrovert Jenocyde and how much I would like to be just like her. But of course it wouldn't work for me and I would simply be an awkward imitation.

But you, the delightful extrovert, have no desire to imitate me. It's as though you are fully formed. It's as though you are well adjusted to the world. It's as though you are the Water Rat boating on the river and loving every minute of it, while I am the timid, short-sighted Mole tagging along, almost overwhelmed by the wonder of it all.

But instead of boating like the sensible Water Rat, you go skydiving and run the marathon. No wonder I adore you as much as Mole adores Ratty.

On the other hand you have trouble falling asleep at night while I fall asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow. So I know that underneath your skydiving and marathons is someone who is a little lost inside. Someone who needs be looked after from the inside, just as Ratty needed to be looked after from time to time by his friend, Mole.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I think a lot of it is your impression of what "fully formed" is. Believe me, I know I'm a little lost inside.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I think a lot of it is your impression of what "fully formed" is. Believe me, I know I'm a little lost inside.
    So you see, I have found myself. And if you take me skydiving, I will attend to your inner life.