User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha...that's funny jeno...you might be half nutz godblessya haha

i relate to some of that stuff...ne stuff or 7 stuff whichever it is i can't tell...the constant mind chatter and need to keep the mind engaged...i go through periods of having a lot of trouble sleeping...just lying there with my mind going...going...going...i have auditory hallucinations...it may just be restless ne now that i think of it...finding patterns and creating something from nothing...maybe?? the sound of the fan turns into music and i just can't sleep because that's all i hear and i can't make it stop...but if it wasn't that it would be just the thinking the shit out of other unnecessary thoughts over and over until my brain has been officially worn out enough to sleep...i think it means i need more stimulating work more consistently...perhaps...also...during the day...i never just sit there doing nothing...if i ever have to wait or find myself with nothing to do for longer than about 10 secs i pick up a book or magazine or use the internet on my phone...or call or text someone...and...really i guess i haven't paid that much attention when it comes to this sort of difference in enfp/infp but i do feel they calm me...so whatever that means.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    How could you forget that you had to pee?

I mean, when I have to pee... I have to pee!
    I mean, I always know that I have to pee in theory, but I have to remind myself to actually do it before it's too late. Like before I click on another wiki link or something that will pull me in even further... I guess that's not normal?

Yeah. Classic possession scenario. You'll be fine... he's the one who should be worried for his life.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

But more importantly, I understand the true meaning of extroversion. It's not in the amount of friends I have, it's in the amount of distractions I need. Every night when I go to bed, I put my laptop next to my pillow and turn on some series of tv show on netflix. I then pass out, waking up only when the episode is over and I have to hit play to start the next one. Then I fall promptly asleep again. This goes on for hours, every single night. I can't sleep without something on. But it can't be something I am interested in, or else I'll stay up and be engaged. So it has to be the same old thing over and over again, so I can actively tune it out. My INTP must have seen season 3 of the Office at least 10 times in the past 2 months. I'm not kidding.

If I try to fall asleep with nothing to distract me, my brain goes nuts in ways that I am still coming to terms with. And I only believe it because the little fucker has me on video. I talk to myself. I talk to him. My eyes are open and I appear lucid but the things that come out of my mouth are extraordinary. Just weird shit, all the time.

When I run, I have to listen to music. And I listen to music that I can tune out. Meaning, I have to put my energies into actively ignoring what I am hearing in order for my brain to reach a relaxed state. Left to its own devices, I'm thinking of a million things per minute and each mile feels like an eternity.

I need to be distracted from my own brain in order to find peace. I need outside stimulation in order to calm down. I have to focus on one thing (or really, it's the act of trying to ignore the thing) in order to keep my thoughts contained. Sort of like meditation.
    At first I was going to say that Ne doms don't need anymore distractions than they already have, but since you're talking about different distractions, I can relate. I can't sleep unless Adult Swim is on, since I don't care for most of the shows and most of them are re-runs anyway, and I can't run without music that has a tempo similar to the pace I am running. If someone comes in and turns the TV off when I'm sleeping, I guess I have deep conversations with them and their life, and they get freaked out because I'm actually sleeping during this and have no recollection of it the next morning.

I mean, I always know that I have to pee in theory, but I have to remind myself to actually do it before it's too late. Like before I click on another wiki link or something that will pull me in even further... I guess that's not normal?
    Also, this. I have frequently pushed people over in order to get to the bathroom in time because I've done that, but even worse, I forget to eat sometimes. All of my friends will be like 'HOW ON EARTH DO YOU FORGET TO EAT?' Simple. There's more interesting things around me than eating, and if there are enough interesting distractions eating won't become a priority until I start becoming cranky from not eating for a whole day or two...then I'll sit and ponder 'Why am I so cranky?!...Oh...I forgot to eat.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha...that's funny jeno...you might be half nutz godblessya haha

i relate to some of that stuff...ne stuff or 7 stuff whichever it is i can't tell...the constant mind chatter and need to keep the mind engaged...i go through periods of having a lot of trouble sleeping...just lying there with my mind going...going...going...i have auditory hallucinations...it may just be restless ne now that i think of it...finding patterns and creating something from nothing...maybe?? the sound of the fan turns into music and i just can't sleep because that's all i hear and i can't make it stop...but if it wasn't that it would be just the thinking the shit out of other unnecessary thoughts over and over until my brain has been officially worn out enough to sleep...i think it means i need more stimulating work more consistently...perhaps...also...during the day...i never just sit there doing nothing...if i ever have to wait or find myself with nothing to do for longer than about 10 secs i pick up a book or magazine or use the internet on my phone...or call or text someone...and...really i guess i haven't paid that much attention when it comes to this sort of difference in enfp/infp but i do feel they calm me...so whatever that means.
    Oh wow, this sounds very accurate. The constant noise in my brain is unbearable sometimes. Like in that movie when the guy was a math genius and thought he was a spy and drew all this shit over all the walls. My mind just runs and runs and I get no rest until I find something external to ground me.

I talk to people, while texting. I read, while listening to music. I run, while singing. I watch tv, while cooking - in fact, I absolutely cannot stand at the stove to cook without familiar background noise. It just cannot happen.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, I can get caught up in stuff too... but I'm always consciously aware I have to pee, and then I just make myself get up and go and come back. I don't have to say it out loud at all; it's echoing in my head. Maybe that's the difference. I'm saying it over and over in my head, rather than with my mouth.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    If someone comes in and turns the TV off when I'm sleeping, I guess I have deep conversations with them and their life, and they get freaked out because I'm actually sleeping during this and have no recollection of it the next morning.
    YES!! OMFG, YES!!

Also, this. I have frequently pushed people over in order to get to the bathroom in time because I've done that, but even worse, I forget to eat sometimes. All of my friends will be like 'HOW ON EARTH DO YOU FORGET TO EAT?' Simple. There's more interesting things around me than eating, and if there are enough interesting distractions eating won't become a priority until I start becoming cranky from not eating for a whole day or two...then I'll sit and ponder 'Why am I so cranky?!...Oh...I forgot to eat.'
    That settles it. I'm completely normal.
    Thank you.

@ Jennifer - maybe that's the case. I say it because I need to *hear* it. If it's not coming from somewhere outside of me, then it doesn't really exist. It's not the act of talking that I need, but the act of listening.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i know...i've always been that way too...i think it's really cool that your mind can sort of split or something and do two things at once...like sing along while reading...or read while thinking about something else completely different...how does it do that?

so...do you get what i mean by that calming effect...does your intp feel like your valium? in a good way i mean...like...calms your frazzled nerves or something...know what i mean?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

That settles it. I'm completely normal.
    Thank you.

Haha, well no one ever said I was normal.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post

so...do you get what i mean by that calming effect...does your intp feel like your valium? in a good way i mean...like...calms your frazzled nerves or something...know what i mean?
    I'm not used to living with someone and actually going to bed. I usually just work until I pass out at my desk. But now that I am a proper lady, I have to get up and go to bed. So when he forbids me to bring distractions that would aid my sleep, I ask him some mundane question that I have absolutely no interest in, and then I smile to myself as I fall sweetly into a doze at the sound of his voice droning on... and on... and on... and on.

In other areas of my life, he is definitely what tempers me. I come in the house all hyped up about something and I just blurt things out and he looks at me with his smug little face and says something really smarmy that will crack me up and it all just melts away. I definitely feel at peace when he's in the room.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha wow that's funny...he just drones on and on and you fall blissfully asleep...haha that's hilarious..

and i love that natural chemistry of just knowing exactly how to make you laugh and forget about what you thought was so important...not even on purpose...just them being them...i wonder if that's a common experience with e/i nxp couples
    -Jim Morrison