User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Define Maturity

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

I've posted about this in my blog a few months ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    "How to be mature?" CHECKLIST!
    • Pretend you're feeling sick everytime you're near a MacDonalds (adults hate MacDonalds, or at least they pretend to)
    • Talk about architecture. Compare the architecture style of all towns you've been to in an intellectual conversation.
    • Refuse to listen to any music that isn't older than 15 years. This excludes music of all artists that have been active for over 15 years, easy listening, mature rock, jazz, latin american and classical music. Of all the music older than 15 years, you'll have to refuse to listen to hardcore, metal, europop and disco.
    • Inspect the entire house with a microscope and freak over every single tiny little piece of dust or dirt you find.
    • Don't talk calmly when you're irritated, yell. Yelling makes you seem more serious when you're an adult.
    • Don't have any fun, fun is for children.
    • Use complicated words and eat complicated food. While these things make you look nerdy when you're young, they'll make you seem adventurous and exciting when you're an adult, even when you're not.
    • Hate teenagers and look down on children. This will make you look better than them.
    • Don't take too much care of you're looks, otherwhise people will think you're a prostitute, or even worse, desperate for love, which you don't want too admit at all, even though your eggs are starting to age.
    • When it rains, take a raincoat or an umbrella. Not taking any of those makes you seem like a teenager who wants to show they're not a pussy and like I said before, true adults hate teenagers.
    • Talk with a poshy accent. Not having a poshy accent will make you look poor, or worse, like an undereducated teenager!
    • Make a nasty face when you see someone have a snack, especially when they're fat. Fat people aren't supposed to snack, that's irresponsible.
    • When you're having a party, only give your guests trendy food. Trendy food makes you seem younger and takes all the attention away from your wrinkles.
    • Only have fresh sandwichspread, yoghurt and cucumbers on your sandwich. Eating fresh food makes you seem fresh and young.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Suchirony, there is a problem with your sig. By the description in brackets, your type is INNP.
    Oops! :blushing:
    It's fixed now.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

8 sx
    --- Te

Maturity is the state of thought whereby you execute a task without thinking about how.

6w7 sx
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Maturity is the state of thought whereby you execute a task without thinking about how.
    Maturity is running on autopilot?

No, that's called Si/Te, not maturity.

Please try again.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I thought that was mental retardation!

When defining maturity, I've never been able to separate it from "the act of" or "the willingness of" growth. A lot of strong points here, but I believe it'd almost mandate growth in there somewhere.
    INTP - Ti > Ne > Te > Ni > Fi > Se > Fe > Si

I am not a Strange Loop, for I will always grow and mature.

Society is a Strange Loop, preventing us from growing and maturing.

Self-sufficient, able to care for others, able to accept help from others. Not easily offended. Take into account other people's feelings, needs. Resilient. Steady. Know when to talk and when not to. Able to laugh at oneself.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

7w8 so/sp

Likes N/A liked this post

know ⏩ assist ⏩ survive Array Alaska's Avatar
    4w5 sx/sp
    ESI Fi

Part 1: discovering that the meaning of life is not always in terms of what I want or choose to be.

Part 2: to not make a fuss when called upon to act on the above.

Status: Part 1. All too recent. I can't believe that something this simple is blowing my mind, but I guess I am the kind of person whose mind it would blow; I admit it.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes Qlip liked this post