— C.G. Jung

Read

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Yeah this is the first rain of the season and in a way it can be a spectator sport. It also has its own music of sorts. I especially like the imagery of the "Hide undercover and look out at the rain thinking"

Always thought of reading as being a solitary act but can see it as a social act with a girlfriend or buddy, particularly at a coffee shoppe with comfy furniture. An extension of that would be reading out loud (or having them read to me) from a book. What would a good book for reading out loud to a love one be?

Agree rain is perfect atmosphere for cuddling. Especially with thunder and lightning.

I hadn't thought about watching the rain from a car in a while. I used to work security when I was in college. And now come to think of it, some of my favorite shifts were sitting in my car while it rained.
    I read an INTP profile that explained that our good senses of atmosphere and mood was tied to out Si. I love that part. We can just sit still and marvel at the atmosphere of something forever. I've always loved just the sound, smell etc. when it's raining. It makes me feel warm inside, even if I'm sitting in it. It's very relaxing.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default They have Over a Hundred Words for Rain

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    drink water
    As long as there isn't acid rain its best to drink it straight from the source...the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I read an INTP profile that explained that our good senses of atmosphere and mood was tied to out Si. I love that part. We can just sit still and marvel at the atmosphere of something forever. I've always loved just the sound, smell etc. when it's raining. It makes me feel warm inside, even if I'm sitting in it. It's very relaxing.
    Yes I agree. Even looking into worlds within worlds. Like how it brings the earth worms out and how they kick back and watch us from there worms eye view from a puddle. And how it gets one thinking, "Whose world is it anyways. lol

And now you mention it the rain does have a very pleasing and distinct scent. I will have to remember to stop and smell the precipitation.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    And now you mention it the rain does have a very pleasing and distinct scent. I will have to remember to stop and smell the precipitation.
    Ever notice that before it rains, besides the obvious clouds, there's both a scent and feel of moisture (?), a heaviness in the air?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I like it when it rains hard. Not so much if it's just that misty kind of rain. Going for a walk after rain is nice. All the plants look more colorful.

kiss

dance

walk and daydream

MBTI
    ISFJ

Staying outside under a tree or something that covers your head, smoking a cigarette or drinking some tea ...looking at the spectacle and that atmospheric gray bliss.....

What I like best about when it rains is that the air just feels fresher and purer (unless you live in a tropical climate). It cleans aways the dust, things look more vivid and clear.

Singin' and dancin', obviously.

Lazer tag.
    Sipping lattes while reading at the bookstore or coffeehouse.
    Shopping.
    Renting a movie.
    Curling up to a fire with a glass of wine.
    Napping.
    Cleaning up.
    Reading.
    Indoor rock climbing.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

ROLLERBLADING!
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."