User Tag List

First 234

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    I don't have a life philosophy. I just live life and I try to to and get what I want. Making up philosophies about that seems a bit of a waste of time to me.
    He or she who does not make up philosophies is lost.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    So you're too good to associate with people like me? S'okay. You wouldn't be the first one to feel that way.

I personally prefer trailers to apartments and I've heard it's very expensive to buy a home in Australia. Sounds like a nice place generally, though.
    Hey, I'll come and live in your trailer any day.

And of course with homes it is location, location, location. And there are expensive locations and less expensive. Around here a one bedroom apartment will cost half a million dollars, but as you move out the price falls off sharply. It's a bit like gravity, the price varies by the square of the distance from the centre.

It's now glorious Spring, I've just had a nice meal, a lovely walk in the warm evening to the library where I read a critique of Germaine Greer, and then whizzed back over the lake to you here.

What would I do without you?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Temperance.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Hey, I'll come and live in your trailer any day.

And of course with homes it is location, location, location. And there are expensive locations and less expensive. Around here a one bedroom apartment will cost half a million dollars, but as you move out the price falls off sharply. It's a bit like gravity, the price varies by the square of the distance from the centre.

It's now glorious Spring, I've just had a nice meal, a lovely walk in the warm evening to the library where I read a critique of Germaine Greer, and then whizzed back over the lake to you here.

What would I do without you?
    Fortunately, real estate is cheap in our neck of the woods, so we have a house. So far we haven't been hit so hard by the recession that we are in imminent danger of foreclosure. *fingers crossed*

My mom is heading to Israel soon, so we might have a little extra room. It's going into beautiful autumn here and the trees are putting on their colors. The red maples are my favorite. There isn't anything good within walking distance unless you count the little old guy cafe or the liquor store (I don't) and they've closed all the public library branches in my town except for the main branch -- very sad, but times are hard.

Would Australia want a truck driver and a medical lab technician with four barely grown/nearly grown children? Could people like us build any kind of life there? I would love for my kids to have more opportunities than I imagine them having here and Canada is so cold!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers