User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Default Would you travel 200 miles to kill someone?

She did.

These are the lessons of the saga of Breana Greathouse, 25, who drove several hundred miles from Kansas City, Missouri to Ottumwa, Iowa, to shoot a certain Forrest Jamison, whom she blamed for posting derogatory comments about her on the Internet. Fortunately her Midwestern odyssey, which the Coen Bros. might want to consider adapting for the screen, ended in failure when she was arrested by Ottumwa police for waving her gun around like the unhinged maniac she is.
    Meanwhile the pacifist in me says "living well is the best revenge," but since this didn't seem to be possible in this case, Greathouse opted for the next best thing: shoot the sumbitch.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

150, tops.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

tahts only like 3 hours on the highway....

i drove 1400 miles in 22ish hours once. 200 is nothing

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

In many ways it makes more sense than shooting yor next door neighbour. Your chances of getting away with it improve the less there is to connect you to the victim. The best way to get away with murder is to never be a suspect.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Anybody worth spending your life in prison for is worth driving a few hundred miles for.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

No, my limit is 199.

But seriously, if I WAS going to kill someone, 200 miles aint a big distance. I'd just have to make sure I made a perfect alibi and made it seem like I was over my issues with them. That's the hard part.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'd hate to support the oil companies simply to accomplish a personal vendetta. What price would one pay for revenge?

Besides, I'm lazy. Can't I just hire someone off Craigslist?
    (Another plus: They're cheap.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    XXFP

You might even be able to hire someone off a forum you frequent.

Hypothetically.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

I'd drive about a quarter of a mile, and then turn around, looking like this.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

If I got to the point where I wanted to kill somebody I hardly think such a thing like distance would prevent me from doing it.

YOU HEAR THAT, STEVE!