User Tag List

123 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Going out is boring

I don't get it. I mean, seriously. Going out. Doing to a bar. Getting yourself a beer. Talking. Talking. Talking. Talking about people, people, people, maybe about iPods and iPhones and ohmygods and bla bla bla bla bla. Like, seriously. What's so fun about it? I've given it a try. Many times. It's boring. It's bla and bla and bla. Nothing party. It's just spending 60 euros to get yourself a headache and talking talking talking like an old woman. You know, at first I was like: going out, yay, that will be fun, with one night stands and stuff. Well, guess what, it's boring. It's just as much fun as listening at a mix tape that keeps repeating "blah" and "blah" and "blah" over and over and over again. I always find myself going home after one or two hours, taking the scariest and most dangerous way home to compensate all the boring blah blah I've been listening too. Like, seriously. Get a shrink if you want to talk talk talk. I thought bars were for dancing and stuff??? Like, WTF? Blah?

EDIT: I'm kinda braindead atm, so you know.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ISFJ

You might find clubs where you go to dance are boring too.

I think it might come from this idealized idea of fun. Friends, fun everywhere, fun activities....it's kinda be drilled into our skulls it has to be about night life. But it's not.

I'm the guy who pushes others to go to different clubs, and most of the time is shit and I just want out lol. That being said, I like going to a bar with friends and just talk and talk. But I make sure it's with the friends that like to discuss the same things I do. With the rest, it's only fun for a while.

You just got to find places where you really like the music (can be very difficult) and go with friends that you really like (can be hard too).

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I like to go out, but not to bars and clubs. I like to talk, but only with the right type of people. Maybe you could find some more interesting people and go out somewhere else? (A play, a movie, a coffee shop, etc...)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Tried. It stays just as exciting as visitting my grandma. It's one the same, talking, talking, talking. I mean, and people say they're doing crazy shit when they go out? Throwing up isn't crazy shit, I can throw up at my grandma's house. Just as easily. I mean, goddamn, don't be all dramatic. Why need a bar for socializing? It's sooooo dumb. "Yeah, I'm going out because it's badass", yeah right. WTF???

(don't mind me, I'm still braindead)
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Oh, with going out they only mean going to bars in here. Going to cinemas and theaters and coffeeshops isn't going out here. It's bars. Drinking. Drinking. Drinking. Passing out. Claiming you've done some crazy shit.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

MBTI
    ISFJ

People always like to claim they have lots of fun. "Do crazy shit in order to be young and happy" is a marketing stunt. There are millions of ways of having fun. Don't follow the herd if you don't feel comfortable.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I went out a few times, once all the way until 4am. It is very boring, I have done some crazy stuff, but felt like a bit of a dickhead afterwards and threw up on the side of a street. So many people do nothing but go out every night and get drunk, so you'd think it would be exiting or something.
    5 3 9

figsfiggyfigs

Amen. I don't like going out. once in an eclipse. THAT RARELY!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmm...i like it much. i like experiencing new atmospheres..i like listening to great djs...i like being around people with all their funny habits...i like having a full bar so i can order whatever i want...i LOVE to dance...and i like talking to strangers...and i like talk talk talking to whoever i'm with...yeah talking you can do anywhere but my mood changes depending on where i am so...somehow i absorb the whole feel of a place and it alters the whole experience.

what do you like to do? what IS your idea of fun?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Dancing is always fun. Always.

Everything else, though, completely depends on who you're with. Boring people make for boring conversations and boring times.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)