User Tag List

First 23456 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    I think it's less of a problem that you don't like going out to bars or socializing (to each their own) and more of a problem that you have no idea what you do enjoy.

You claimed to not have had fun in nearly 6 years. How is this possible? Who is responsible for this?
    It was a combination of school, learning problems and pushy parents.

Edit: Forgot the nerdy classmates with failure fear and my teachers who had stalker traits.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    It was a combination of school, learning problems and pushy parents.

Edit: Forgot the nerdy classmates with failure fear and my teachers who had stalker traits.
    Clearly people are products of their environment, but you do have some amount of control in terms of how you react to it. Perhaps everyone around you sucks - I go out sometimes and it's not all that enjoyable at all.

Regardless, I'd argue that you are the basic driver of your own entertainment, or happiness, or contentment - not other people. If you are constantly finding yourself bored, you're doing something wrong and somewhere along the path, you're making the wrong choices.

And you can't never be having fun. That girl in the avatar seems to be having at least a little bit of fun.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Clearly people are products of their environment, but you do have some amount of control in terms of how you react to it. Perhaps everyone around you sucks - I go out sometimes and it's not all that enjoyable at all.

Regardless, I'd argue that you are the basic driver of your own entertainment, or happiness, or contentment - not other people. If you are constantly finding yourself bored, you're doing something wrong and somewhere along the path, you're making the wrong choices.

And you can't never be having fun. That girl in the avatar seems to be having at least a little bit of fun.
    I was having a headache at that time, so I put a pillow on my head to protect my eyes against heavy lights. Well, then my mom came in and she wanted to take a picture of it. I quickly took the pillow off my head and my mother was begging me to put it back on. I refused.

Well, I guess I smile very quickly.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    XXFP

Ok, you win. You never have fun.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Ok, you win. You never have fun.
    I try. I'm trying to become the president of a commission at the psychology students association and this week I'm going to start taking convincing speech classes where I can learn how to boss people around and get my way. Having my way is always fun.

Goddamn, why is this thread about me, all of the sudden?! I just wanted to rant about how boring going to bars is.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

MBTI
    XXFP

Do your thing then, I'm done.

I'll add that you might want to try going out on your own instead of with a group. I tend to find this much more enjoyable than going out with a group, even if it's a group of people I like otherwise.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I didn't want advice. I just wanted to rant.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

MBTI
    XXFP

Oh. Nevermind me.

Pretty classic type interaction failure there.

I believe there is no art school in my town. That's in Breda.
    I see. Shame that. Its by no means universal, I was just thinking of my own wonderful experience being part of a amazing group of artistic people throughout college, and wishing that for you, too. We would go out dancing, sure, but even more often there was some interesting creative project/experience to be a part of. Poets, musicians, dancers, illustrators with all the diverse fields, it was easy to find something to do that wasn't typical. I was fortunate to take part. So, I understand where you are coming from, Kat, what you describe bores me, too.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

I don't get it. I mean, seriously. Going out. Doing to a bar. Getting yourself a beer. Talking. Talking. Talking. Talking about people, people, people, maybe about iPods and iPhones and ohmygods and bla bla bla bla bla. Like, seriously. What's so fun about it? I've given it a try. Many times. It's boring. It's bla and bla and bla. Nothing party. It's just spending 60 euros to get yourself a headache and talking talking talking like an old woman. You know, at first I was like: going out, yay, that will be fun, with one night stands and stuff. Well, guess what, it's boring. It's just as much fun as listening at a mix tape that keeps repeating "blah" and "blah" and "blah" over and over and over again. I always find myself going home after one or two hours, taking the scariest and most dangerous way home to compensate all the boring blah blah I've been listening too. Like, seriously. Get a shrink if you want to talk talk talk. I thought bars were for dancing and stuff??? Like, WTF? Blah?

EDIT: I'm kinda braindead atm, so you know.

It totally depends on habit, Saint Kat, I'll tell you this. It becomes boring when you are not in that lifestyle, and if you dont do it.. but the more you do it the less boring and more fun it is. When I used to socialize a lot I couldnt imagine not going ... but now i am more used to not going out.. and it looks more boring..
    it's just matter of habits...

what i want to say is you'll probably change your mind when you get into it.. if it's with good company. fun friends.